Licence Activated on 2 pc's

The license file is good for only ONE computer. You can only activate it on one computer at any given time. Bear in mind, if you replace that computer you can transfer the license to the new computer by simply uninstalling it from the old one and installing it on the new one.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
    on the laptop to fully uninstall Malwarebytes....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • On the computer you want to install it on, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
    on the laptop to fully uninstall Malwarebytes....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • On the computer you want to install it on, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Thanks mate for your reply

Its fixed!!:)

• 2 months later...

Most of my issues is when the computer crashes due to hard disk/software/hardware (e.g. SSD is not ready for primetime yet) failure and can't plan on a uninstall. Would I lose my license key in this case or have any alternatives? Thanks!

If you have your ID and key, nothing is lost. If your comp is toast, you can safely use the same license on another one. Just make sure you're not actively using it on two systems simultaneously, e.g. on your laptop and your desktop. But, if you fix the system in question, you'll have to uninstall the pro version from one of the systems, or purchase another license.

Hi!

I have a similar question and want more details on this.

If I have a machine using a PRO license that needs to have the OS re-installed, and I re-install the OS and put the same key back on it, does some time period need to pass between the two (seemingly) different installations updating, or will it be fine as long as they aren't active at the same time?

Also, if for instance I buy 3 licenses at once, do I get 3 license keys, or 1 license key that will work with 3 active installations?

How is it determined that an installation is "active"?

Thanks!

Ian

If I have a machine using a PRO license that needs to have the OS re-installed, and I re-install the OS and put the same key back on it, does some time period need to pass between the two (seemingly) different installations updating, or will it be fine as long as they aren't active at the same time?

It's okay to re-use the same license if you haven't used it anywhere else.

How is it determined that an installation is "active"?

Basically, you're not allowed to use the same license on two separate computers. By "actively using" I meant simply "using". As in, having it installed on a working computer with a working OS.

Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello,

1 license per computer.

If you wish to stop using a license on one of your computers and wish to then use it on another, you will need to run mbam-clean.exe to remove the license information from your computer.

After you have removed the license from your computer, you may then use that license on another computer you own.

If anyone needs further clarification please be as detailed as possible in your question.

Thank you. :)

Hello,

1 license per computer.

If you wish to stop using a license on one of your computers and wish to then use it on another, you will need to run mbam-clean.exe to remove the license information from your computer.

After you have removed the license from your computer, you may then use that license on another computer you own.

If anyone needs further clarification please be as detailed as possible in your question.

Thank you. :)

If the computer hard disk/OS crashed and needed to re-install the OS, would mbam-clean.exe serve any purpose?

Thanks!

If the computer hard disk/OS crashed and needed to re-install the OS, would mbam-clean.exe serve any purpose?

Thanks!

Hello Galileo888:

No - it wouldn't. An fdisk/format of the HDD would supersede anything that mbam-clean could possibly do.

At the risk of oversimplifying, mbam-clean is a super customized uninstaller and does not communicate with any Malwarebytes entities.

HTH :)

Hello Galileo888:

No - it wouldn't. An fdisk/format of the HDD would supersede anything that mbam-clean could possibly do.

At the risk of oversimplifying, mbam-clean is a super customized uninstaller and does not communicate with any Malwarebytes entities.

I really appreciate everyone's helpful replys! =)

My understanding is when uninstalling the program, no communications with Malwarebytes telling them there is a available license key from this user?

My understanding is when uninstalling the program, no communications with Malwarebytes.

Hello Galileo888:

That is correct. Imagine an uninstall, fatal HDD crash, catastrophic hardware failure, re-installation of Microsoft Windows while your computer is or is not connected to the Internet. i.e. No client/server communication with Malwarebytes, et al.

Hello Galileo888:

That is correct. Imagine an uninstall, fatal HDD crash, catastrophic hardware failure, re-installation of Microsoft Windows while your computer is or is not connected to the Internet. i.e. No client/server communication with Malwarebytes, et al.

Cool, I was worried if the hard disk crashed the license would be history.

Thanks!

Hello Galileo888:

Even if you loose your on-line purchased Product ID & Key for MBAM PRO, we can direct you to the proper web page within the cleverbridge site to begin a retrieval. IMHO when it comes to customer support, these Malwarebytes folk go a lot further than Microsoft to keep your business and help protect your system protection investment.

e.g. Try transferring your Microsoft XP Home Product Key to Windows 7 Ultimate. Can't be done! Now transfer your Malwarebytes Product ID & Key from Windows XP to Windows 7. Should take only a few moments. Try that with Microsoft Office editions. Won't happen. Please let us know if we can help you again.