Identification of system files as malware-SAS

No one program is 100% accurate, and with the way Malware is ever changing it hard to detect all items. As for detecting false positives, yes I have seen where Malwarebytes has detected something as a false positive but when reported they are quick to reply and come out with a fix, usually within a couple of hours. As for a BSOD, I have not seen it myself.

I have seen some threads where folks have said that they ran Malwarebytes and then after a reboot caused a BSOD, but after reviewing logs it was found to be the infection had made changes to their systems that cause the BSOD's....

Posting in the HJT section, the users that have this issue can usually get it resolved with help from the experts.

Hope that helps.

Just to add a bit, this has happened with MBAM a few times in the past where a legitimate system file is detected and removed, but we are continually implementing safeguards to protect against this as well and whenever something like this does happen, the researchers are very quick to get the situation rectified in an immediate emergency definitions update.

That being said, it is true that this happens from time to time with pretty much every security vendor out there unfortunately. And of course, just as Firefox mentioned, some infections take the system down with them when they are removed (nasty buggers :P).