Could not connect to any AntiVirus sites - The FIX

On one of my computers I could not connect to any Anti-Virus sites at all.

When I tried to connect it kept saying cannot find server.

It started when I thought I was doing a search on google But I guess I was on a Malware site?

When I clicked any link in the search results they actually went to: go.google.com

I downloaded MalWareBytes and Avast but they would not run at all.

Just kept saying cannot find server when I tried to update the programs.

Well here is what fixed the problem. Credits go to the person that founrd the fix.

Maybe this is already a known fix But I could not find it anywhere. So again thanks to everyone who found it.

If malwarebytes is not working,try this:

Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices.

Scroll down to

Damn. You almost solved my problem. I haven't been able to update 99 percent of the anti-virus programs on the internet. Same as you deet. My problem is that I don't have TDSSserv.sys listed in my device manager.

So close.

Hello H47,

When things get that bad it is time to get "real" help before it is too late.

I copied this from JeanInMontana and this is what I would do.

Hi read and follow the instructions here then post a log here . Someone will be happy to help you. Do as much as you can. Bear in mind we do not assist with cracked, warez or other illegal activities.

:D davey

Hello H47,

When things get that bad it is time to get "real" help before it is too late.

I copied this from JeanInMontana and this is what I would do.

Hi read and follow the instructions here then post a log here . Someone will be happy to help you. Do as much as you can. Bear in mind we do not assist with cracked, warez or other illegal activities.

:D davey

Thank you for the response davey.

I noticed one of the things in the instructions is to do an online Panda scan. I did that once before and the scan took over 8 hours to complete. So therefore my next post here will be a while due to having to run that scan again.

I do know for a fact that the computer I'm on -(which is shared by other people in the house)-is infested with the Trojan.DNSChanger. I was instructed on another website that the router must be re-set in order to eliminate the problem.

My problem is that, I don't own the router. And I got into a huge fight with the person who owns the router because when I asked him if he could re-set it, he got mad saying that he doesn't trust the information that I was given.

So now I am on a quest to find another way to go about removing the Trojan.DNSChanger from the computer.

So now I am on a quest to find another way to go about removing the Trojan.DNSChanger from the computer.

From what I have seen on the net, you are are in a tough position until the other guy gets infected also.

Keep an eye here so that others can advise you further.

You should provide as much details as possible about your PC and the router. I am sure this info will be needed.

It looks like you can manually remove it but you can't be hooked up to that router or it will be a waiste of time.

Good luck, :D davey

From what I have seen on the net, you are are in a tough position until the other guy gets infected also.

Keep an eye here so that others can advise you further.

You should provide as much details as possible about your PC and the router. I am sure this info will be needed.

It looks like you can manually remove it but you can't be hooked up to that router or it will be a waste of time.

Good luck, :D davey

The computer is running Windows XP Home edition with service pack 3.

I seem to remember him talking about the router as Netgear. I haven't seen it myself. The owner has the router in the back house where he lives.

• Root Admin

Clean all boxes that are infected at the same time, shut them down after cleaning, then if the router truly has been infected then you will need to reset it back to factory defaults. The reason this was allowed to be modified in the first place though is because it has not Admin password on it or the user saved that password in their IE settings.

Reset to defaults, put a password on it, don't save the password in IE.

then if the router truly has been infected then you will need to reset it back to factory defaults. The reason this was allowed to be modified in the first place though is because it has not Admin password on it or the user saved that password in their IE settings.

Reset to defaults, put a password on it, don't save the password in IE.

The trouble is, the owner of the router won't do it. We had got into a huge fight about the whole thing. So it looks like I am totally screwed.

My problem is now solved:

I had posted my problem on various different message forums all at the same time and eventually one of the tech experts came up with the solution.

Being that the owner of the router refused to re-set it, what I had to do was circumvent the router by manually changing my IP address and DNS settings.

And now, no more Trojan.DNSChanger.

This isn't working for me. I've had issues with my pc for days now.

It would freeze and not connect to the internet, then when it would connect it would take me to bogus sites. It wouldn't let me run any of my antivirus programs like avg, malware, adaware, or spybot.

I removed avg and last night I was finally able to a system restore.

I tried uninstalling malware and reinstalling by going to cached site on google but it tells me it needs overwrite a file that is already there and although it installs the program - I still can't open it or run it or any other one like spybot.

I tried renaming the exe file, I tried opening it in safe mode and nothing.

I cannot go to the Panada scan site on the net or this forum. I am on another pc right now.