BATTLE:LA

AdvancedSetup

So has anyone seen this yet? Any opinions? (Out here in the boonies, we usually end up seeing 'new' movies when our satellite provider gets them on pay-per-view at the earliest. Although I must confess to pre-ordering '2012'. smile.gif)

It doesn't start until March 11.. unless there are already pirated copies floating in the ether.. :lol:

I usually don't get to them until they wind up on TNT or FX.. about 3 years after the fact. I refuse to pay theater prices and my cable bill is already too high without the HBO/SHO/MAX, etc packages (I have TV cable plus internet plus phone service) and while I was a charter member of Netflix, I just don't have time to stay on top of the movies. (Altho' my NEXT DVD player will have internet connectivity, for sure, so if I change my mind, I can stream Netflix or similar.)

It doesn't start until March 11.. unless there are already pirated copies floating in the ether.. :(

I usually don't get to them until they wind up on TNT or FX.. about 3 years after the fact. I refuse to pay theater prices and my cable bill is already too high without the HBO/SHO/MAX, etc packages (I have TV cable plus internet plus phone service) and while I was a charter member of Netflix, I just don't have time to stay on top of the movies. (Altho' my NEXT DVD player will have internet connectivity, for sure, so if I change my mind, I can stream Netflix or similar.)

Oops! I don't know why I had it in my head that it was released already. blush.gif Having a "Duh-uh" moment, I guess.

BTW, "The Pacific" has been showing on HBO here again, but we treated ourselves to the DVD set, and it was well worth it. My husband and I have been spending winter afternoons watching the series. Hopefully we'll manage to see "Band of Brothers" as well before spring gets here (and from the look of things right now, we'll have plenty of time for that!)

Oops! I don't know why I had it in my head that it was released already. blush.gif Having a "Duh-uh" moment, I guess.

BTW, "The Pacific" has been showing on HBO here again, but we treated ourselves to the DVD set, and it was well worth it. My husband and I have been spending winter afternoons watching the series. Hopefully we'll manage to see "Band of Brothers" as well before spring gets here (and from the look of things right now, we'll have plenty of time for that!)

I've seen 3 BAND OF BROTHERS marathons since HBO (SHO?) released them to regular cable.. I'm waiting for PACIFIC to arrive to regular cable.. Maybe another year or so. I guess I shouldn't complain too much. When I first got married in '69, we spent my last year in my two USAF hitches in Panama City at Tyndall AFB and the only TV channel we got (rabbit ears; no cable back then) was some station, B&W, in Alabama that was always having elections - I saw enough political advertisements to last me My lifetime *and* yours. :)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

I have to agree with Chris, great show, I really liked it.

If you're into foreign films or those from Cannes International Film Festival, or Blair Witch Project type films then this may not be for you.

It's sort of a mixture of Independence Day meets Black Hawk Down. Sort of like a Bruce Willis Die Hard action movie meets the Aliens.

Classic good versus evil with lots of action, shooting and special effects.