Temporary Internet Files

Although I have the paid version of MBam, I use the free version for cleaning up other people's computers. The first things I do before I run MBam is run Internet Explorer and remove temporary internet files, clear the Local Settings\temp folder and also the Windows\temp folder. In all too many cases, MBam will spend 15 minutes or more scanning the IE5 folder which tells me that deleting the Temporary internet files did NOT work although it may have taken a long time in supposedly doing so. CCleaner doesn't get them all either. When there's more than one user I can go into another user's account and the the subfolders of IE5 will show on the original account and I can delete all those subfolders. Even then there seems to be more showing when observing the MBam scan. On machines where the users use an alternate browser, MBam will usually do a QuickScan in 4-7 minutes.

How do you REALLY get rid of IE's temporary internet files?

Most of these computers all all Windows XP. I haven't really noticed if the same problem exists in Vista and Windows 7 but it probably does.

Hello and :rolleyes:

Just a note: If you are using Malwarebytes to clean other peoples computer, you need to get a technicians license as not to violate the EULA.

As for cleaning up temporary IE files, I use CCleaner myself for that. Configured correctly it will get all of them. IE files get stored in different locations for all users. CCleaner will not get them all unless you configure it correctly.

Guest name cool

same problem right here.

Since this problem happened to me too. When I do a quick scan / full. Initially Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Works as required , and when access to scan the Temporary Internet Files .. becomes. Scan is very slow. It is this point be unable to continue, a quick scan / full.

I believe that the cause of the problem, is the Trojan affects on Internet Explorer in the end. This issue is no one could solve it. My advice formate local disk c.

Note " The process of Quick Scan / Full. will take a lot of time.

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

• Staff

Use TFC below, it's been designed specifically for stubborn temp files

Download TFC, a temp files\folder cleaner from the link below:

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe

Save it to your desktop.

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs... including your browser!

Double click on TFC.exe to run it.

TFC will begin cleaning up the "temp" files... it may take only a few seconds or it could be several minutes, depending on the amount of temp files found.

If prompted to reboot... click Yes.

Hello and :)

Just a note: If you are using Malwarebytes to clean other peoples computer, you need to get a technicians license as not to violate the EULA.

As for cleaning up temporary IE files, I use CCleaner myself for that. Configured correctly it will get all of them. IE files get stored in different locations for all users. CCleaner will not get them all unless you configure it correctly.

I was not aware of the necessity for a license. I always download and install the latest version on each computer I clean up. And leave it installed on that computer. Something they could have done theirselves. I'm just a 73 year old retired fart that cleans people's computers up as a hobby. I am not a licensed technician. Does this mean I should quit helping people out? Or just quit using Malwarebytes to do it?

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of CCleaner on the computer in question. The %#*&@#$ installation installed ^$*#@! Google Chrome. If I had any option to uncheck anywhere I missed it.