Error Code 1072

Good morning all.

I was greeted with error messages this morning and have attempted to resolve them myself but I failed.

Malwarebytes Antimalware 1.5 Pro

Windows XP SP3

I see the Protection Disabled bar and when I attempt to enable it, I get the message " (create service) Failed to perform Error Code 1072"

Click on Scheduler, same message.

Here's what I tried- Installed MBAM over itself and get the same message.

Uninstalled MBAM and attempted to remove every remnant of it and reinstalled BUT my license info still shows and the error messages are the same.

Didn't have much luck with your search process but if someone can direct me to it, I would really appreciate it.

I don't seem to be able to remove MBAM completely. Meanwhile, I have no malware protection.

Thanks

Hello and :D

Below are the correct steps to take for a re-install, lets try that first.

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thanks.

I tried to edit my post but didn't find the edit function.

Before I got back here, I Googled for the problem and DID find the mbam-clean.exe which I downloaded. I uninstalled MBAM and ran the clean program and got the message : "Failed to delete MBAM Protector. Error code 1072.

I reinstalled MBAM and all seemed well but when I entered my license info "(Start service) Failed to perform desired action error code 1075

Tried to enable protection module error code same 1075 error.

I was unaware of disabling my anti virus software so I'll try that.

Thanks again.

Well, I'm stumped. I followed your instructions as I understand them. Disabled my antivirus program. Entered license inf and get the message: "StartService) Falied to perform error code 7075

Enable Protection Mode- same error

Also noted is there is no MBAM icon in the notification area.

Any thoughts besides reformatting the hard drive and starting over?

I was ready to uninstall my anti virus program but the error message appear when it is disabled so I assume that's the same.

Well, I'm stumped. I followed your instructions as I understand them. Disabled my antivirus program. Entered license inf and get the message: "StartService) Failed to perform error code 1075

Enable Protection Mode- same error

Also noted is there is no MBAM icon in the notification area.

Any thoughts besides reformatting the hard drive and starting over?

I was ready to uninstall my anti virus program but the error message appear when it is disabled so I assume that's the same.

Sorry error code should be 1075.

This is not my day. :D

What Anti-Virus program are you using and what version is it?

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

Thanks Firefox. I'm running avast! Internet Security V5.0.677 -the latest version.

Seems incredible that I have to perform all of those functions when MBAM worked perfectly last night when I shut down. Now, it went berserk when I cranked up this morning.

I appreciate your posts and will attempt to digest the information.

I uninstalled avast! and it made no difference to MBAM and I have installed no other programs in months.

Great, glad it worked, now that it is working make sure you exclude the malwarebytes files in your avast, and you can also add the Avast folder to the malwarebytes ignore list tab....

To answer a previous question. I'm always the administrator.

I will do my best to follow your instructions but I have had MBAM Pro and avast! working harmoniously on two computers since October 2009 with nary a problem. I killed almost 5 hours messing around with this. Now I have a ton of work to catch up with.

Thanks all. :D

Thats great, sometimes updates to one program or the other will cause the conflict, this is why I always put the exceptions even if they are not needed. Perfect example is AVG, at first they both worked great together and now AVG and MBAM will not work together unless you enter exceptions.

Good luck with catching up....

Thanks, jadinolf. I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue. I asked because this error message can be seen when such actions are attempted via a limited user account.

I still don't understand what finally solved the problem. I followed the instructions here several times and all of a sudden, it clicked.

Hope it doesn't happen again but if it does..... :D