Learning thread

Ok, I'm going to use this thread everytime I have a pc question, however if any other users have one they can reply here if they want! :)

So Iv'e got two.

How come some anti-viruses when they can't disinfect or resolve it, they rename it?

What does it mean by "renamed"?

Does the file actually get renamed and if so, how does that solve the problem?

And whats MBR?

I know it stands for Master Boot Record but I would like to learn more about it.

Thanks for the help in advanced! :)

Sorry, I don't know much about it myself (I'd have to read the entire article, I've skimmed it though). I'm sure someone will be able to explain it to you, though :)

When an AV renames a file, it renames it, just in case there is a load point in the registry pointing to that file, the load point will not be able to find the file since it has been renamed so it can not load it, hence preventing the virus or malware to load. Once it is not loading, then you could delete the renamed file (probably after a restart).

In short the MBR is a location on the hard drive that tells your computer how too boot. (keeping it simple)

Is this a scam?

I was going through Google for fun, to find some answers in math to help me solve a bonus question, and then i go on this site, and redirects to a chat.

I chatted with them twice and after they just left since i aint gonna buy the subscription for them.

The third time I made up some lies how my parents are right beisde me, and if they help me, my parents will think about.

And soo they just try to get me buy a subscription from them!

Is this phishing or a scam?

I hate it when people don't even help u once and redirect to a chat and later try to force u to pay! :)

post-41967-1291084583_thumb.jpg

i already know its master boot record...

hello

its a short textfile if you like about 500k.

its an essential piece of data and should be protected.

Please avoid comodo time machine at all costs as this will corrupt your MBR and if you will not take my word for it then check-out the comodo forum bug section on this program.

regards.

Is this a scam?

I was going through Google for fun, to find some answers in math to help me solve a bonus question, and then i go on this site, and redirects to a chat.

I chatted with them twice and after they just left since i aint gonna buy the subscription for them.

The third time I made up some lies how my parents are right beisde me, and if they help me, my parents will think about.

And soo they just try to get me buy a subscription from them!

Is this phishing or a scam?

I hate it when people don't even help u once and redirect to a chat and later try to force u to pay! :)

Yes it's not safe. I wouldn't click on it or even stay any longer.:)

Well what do you need help with, IDKW? I can try to remember some old sites I used to reference.

Also does your school offer a tutoring program? You should look into it. If your school has a guidance counselor, she or he should be able to steer you in the direction of a tutor as well. :)

I would like to know a basic summary how to hack someone's pc.

NO, I do not want to be a hacker and I know it's ilegal!

I just want a basic summary on it, since I know many people that make up things how they can hack my pc and I ask how, and here are some of the thigs they say.

- I downloaded a LINK!

- You just go on some site and you just need the persons ip and then you can control their pc!

- I just can

All these stuff don't even make sense, but to hack, don't you need an Internet Protocol address and CMD?

My friend said something like you need a (forgot) machine.