Error when trying to update Malwarebytes

Hi Michelle K. and welcome -

Your only problem is due to an outdated version of the program - To fully update please select your operating system from below and follow the directions -

Keep your Key and ID numbers (if this is a paid version) to reinstall after you finish re installing the program -

If you have any problems please ask and we will assist you -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from ->Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from ->Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from ->Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from ->Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :D

Thank you for the welcome. I wish it were under different circumstances :)

Ok, tried that & now I'm getting this error :D

SHGetValue Failed with error code 0

And yes, I have major problems with my baby. Working it out (I hope) with someone on bleepingcomputer.com

I've never had this problem with MBAM before although I don't use it often & I probably should have paid for an automated version. Pls. tell me the issue is on your end & isn't part of my ongoing problem. <sigh>

Michelle

P.S. I'm not getting the e-mail notices when you respond.

And yes, I have major problems with my baby. Working it out (I hope) with someone on bleepingcomputer.com

Hi -

If you are being helped on another forum (like Bleeping Computers) please stay with the person helping you - Unless they have asked you to post any specific items to Malwarebytes forum - We may "cross swords" with the person assisting you there with wrong information -

If this is to do with an infection , please follow the help there first - Only post here if your expert helper asks you to -

Thank You -

• Staff

I think what nokojon was trying to say was get the machine cleared up first and if there are still issues with Mbam after that we can help you get it working. This could be related to malware issues and trying to get advice from multiple places on how to clean the machine could make matters a whole lot worse.

Cheers

Ahh, let's cross our fingers, I have it running on the desktop now. <phew>

Don't worry, I understood what you were saying :P I know when someone is being mean & nasty. Comes with having been a nettie for the last 12-13 years. :P

So that price, is that for a year or forever b/c it doesn't say on the order page.

Can I use the same reg. # for both of my computers?

Are there any discounts coming up?

Thanks

Michelle

Hello Michelle K.:

One license is valid for one and only one system. It is lifetime for Home Use including all Database updates and Software version updates. By the way you'd still need an AV as MBAM by no means is a substitute for an AV rather meant to run alongside

Kindly give us detail about you OS including 32/64-bit, someone will help you about exclusions for MBAM in your installed AV. In the meantime you may want to read How To Use The New Scheduler (if using registered version)

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

Ok, ordered.

Questions:

1. How do I do the "allow" for Anti Vir?

2. If Malwarebytes is running all the time, why do I have to schedule a scan?

3. What's the difference between the quick & full scans?

Can you also tell who ever does your systems for your order procedure that I prefer the receipt be e-mailed to me or included in the e-mail I get with the registration number. I had to save the receipt onto my computer just so I could e-mail it to myself so it goes in my receipts folder. A lot of work that could have been prevented.

Michelle

What is your Anti-Virus? Some one will post back with the files you need for it to trust Malwarebytes.

schedule a scan? is a choice you can make! you can schedule one for an hour, or more, I have to find the Schedule link. Or you can do a manual scan..

Quick scan is all you really need, I do one every day. Maybe a full scan every month. If I think I have an issue on a tricky website?

Cleverbridge does the order, They will email you a ID & License Key (that you have to copy and paste where it says Register I advise you print out the email, and if you want save the email to notepad or wordpad for future use.... did I answer all your questions? regards.....

Hi -

Open Avira AntiVir (click the umberella on the desktop) , On the top R.H.side in blue is Configuration (click on that) - Click 'Expert Mode' Top left side -

Click the + sign next to Scan - There is an item titled Exceptions - You can Copy and paste the items required into the box next to that then click ADD>>

Depending on your Operating system , here are the items that may be required to be added -

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Please post back if it is a bit much and I will break it down for you

Thank You - :P

Thanks guys, but no, I'm talking about the amount I paid. It's not in the e-mail & therefor I had to do work to get it into an email.

Understand now? You need to have a receipt for biz expenses.

Ok, I added that.

Which firewall software do you guys recommend?

I know how to schedule. I wasn't asking how to schedule, I was asking why I need to if it's running 24/7.

Michelle

just so I could e-mail it to myself so it goes in my receipts folder.

Thanks guys, but no, I'm talking about the amount I paid. It's not in the e-mail & therefor I had to do work to get it into an email.

Understand now? You need to have a receipt for biz expenses.

Hi -

Sorry but I am not up with the billing , as that is not handled here (it is all done by Cleverbridge) - I thought they were just printable -

But since most people use computers for taxation purposes I can now see this point - It will be passed on -

With schedules , the updates are not configured until you decide how often you wish to update - There are still people on Dial up who do not want to set updates for 3 or 4 times every day , so they only do it once or twice a week or to suit them - Also the IP Blocking features are running all the time , but not the scanning features - These are like your Antivirus program that only scans once or twice per day , even though it is running in the background all the time -

This often depends on the amount of your usage - If you are only on the net once or twice a day , it is not much , but if you are constantly using a computer on line then you may set 2 or 3 scans per day , again the program is made to suit your own personal needs -

I hope this explains a few details , if not I , or someone else can hopefully clarify it a bit better -

Thanks -

EDIT - Re : "I'd like to know what that site is."

You can download TCPView from Microsoft at this link.

This utility will monitor everything that is accessing the Internet or your local network.

Re : Firewalls - It is not for a person to put this up but if you contact corporate-support@malwarebytes.org with your Cleverbridge license details , I am sure they can help you better in that department -