utorrent

Hello roberts707

Although AdvancedSetup has clearly warned about the dangers. You may want to read this article from InfoWorld (though an old one) that illustrates perfectly the dangers of a poorly configured P2P program

Many of the programs come bundled with other unwanted programs, but even the ones free of any bundled software are not safe to use

I realize the risk one of the reasons i got malwarebytes
Hi

You do realise that once you allow these program items in , you have fully negated the use of Malwarebytes on that site -

Once you turn off the real-time protection then it is only the antivirus protecting you and not Malwarebytes any more -

Thank You -

• 3 years later...

Click the icon in the task tray and temporarily disable the Web blocking, but utorrent is quite risky in the first place and a good way to get infected.

IP Web blocker

is this all or nothing ?  we can't get a trojan from outbound traffic, can we ?  we can't scan programs for malware ?  we can't block bad webpages ?  we couldn't get malware preinstalled on a brand new pc ?  to be perfectly safe, shouldn't we just turn our computers off and lock it in a room disconnected ?  the point is that we want to get some reasonable use from out programs and our network.  if i own a product that's been damaged, and can't get the cd replaced, a reasonable solution is to download it with utorrent.  i think utorrent is an awesome program.  so my options are either to use malwarebytes to protect me, or upgrade to a pprotected version of utorrent.

Hi:

Welcome.

The bad news: This topic is actually nearly 4 years old and based on an ancient version of MBAM. :)

The good news: MBAM version 2 now permits Web Exclusions for P2P and other processes that will still keep you safe.

And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF -- it explains how to create the Web Exclusion for the P2P process.

Please uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thank You,