Full Scan Time Length

I can't say anything about "on average," since I usually run Quick Scans, but yesterday I decided to run a Full Scan. It took a little longer than I had expected, but still under 2 hours. To be precise, 1 hour, 56 minutes, 46 seconds to scan 281259 items on a 4-year-old desktop computer running WinXP Pro. Frankly, 24 hours sounds like signs of a problem.

Full scans vary depending on how many files you have on your hard drive. To speed up full scans you may try deleting any temp files first, and perhaps running a check disk.

Clear Temp Files Using ATF Cleaner:

• Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune from here and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close all open internet browser windows
  • Run ATF Cleaner by double clicking it.
  • Once the program opens, click the box next to Select All
    • Note: this will delete all cookies saved by sites that you have visited so if you need to keep any cookies for automatic logins etc then uncheck the Cookies option

[*]Once that's all set click on the Empty Selected button and it will remove the temporary files from your system.

[*]If you use Firefox or Opera browsers then click the appropriate button at the top of the program and delete the temp files from them as well following the same procedure.

Once that's done you may delete ATF Cleaner then do the following:

Download CCleaner from here to clean temp files from your computer.

• Close all open internet browser windows
  • Double click on the ccsetup file to start the installation of the program.
  • Select your language and click OK, then click Next.
  • Read the license agreement and click I Agree.
  • Click Next to use the default install location. Click Install then click Finish to complete installation.
  • Double click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
  • On the Windows tab, under Internet Explorer, uncheck Cookies if you do not want them deleted. (If deleted, you will likely need to reenter your passwords at all sites where a cookie is used to recognize you when you visit)
  • If you use Firefox or any other Mozilla browsers, the box to uncheck for Cookies is on the Applications tab, under Firefox/Mozilla.
  • Click on the Options icon at the left side of the window, then click on Advanced.
    uncheck Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 24 hours.
  • Click on the Cleaner icon on the left side of the window, then click Run Cleaner to run the program.
  • Caution: It is not recommended that you use the Registry feature unless you are very familiar with the registry as it has been known to find legitimate items for removal, which can cause issues with other programs.
  • After CCleaner has completed its process, click Exit.

• 2 years later...