Code Error

Hi! im new here and i read that you got a super top notch antispyware that i would like to try out but encountering an issue.

After i installed the program i get a launch error code: MBAM_ERROR_EXPANDING_VARIABLES (0,9)

I need ur help

thanks in advance!

Caske

Sry i dont see the edit button :/

Also i get this error code right after the first one: MBAM_ERROR_FILE (3,0 mbamswissarmy.sys)

The system cannot find the path specified.

I already made exclusions rules on my KIS for the 3 exe files but that didnt help.

So what more is missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Caske, :)

Please follow the instructions below to have a clean re-installation of MBAM:

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  2. Click on Programs and Features
  3. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  4. Restart your computer very important
  5. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  6. It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  7. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. Remember to enable your Anti-Virus after installation.

Note:

• You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

And then exclude the following files:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Please post back if you have further questions.

Thank You :)

Hello Caske, :)

Please follow the instructions below to have a clean re-installation of MBAM:

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  2. Click on Programs and Features
  3. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  4. Restart your computer very important
  5. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  6. It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  7. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. Remember to enable your Anti-Virus after installation.

Note:

• You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

And then exclude the following files:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Please post back if you have further questions.

Thank You :)

Ok, i followed this solution, i install the MB again, KIS was turn off, i put the exclution rules but one file was missing when i tried to put it as exclution rule and it is this one: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

It doesnt exist, cant be located. why is that so? it must be that one causing launch error, but what is going wrong during installation that i have no clue :)

Well, i just tried the 1.44 version and that went just fine..its just when its updating to 1.46 then the problem occurs. Seems like its from your side MB, you gotta go through the updates that been written and see where the source of this problems happens.

I have tried everything here that is recommended, done the guides with absolutely no success.

So all we can do is wait for the new release and hopefully fixes this critical errors.

This error is proving very tricky to pin down. If you want to, there is one more thing you could try.

Create a new account with Admin privileges. Install MBAM from the new account, then see if MBAM will work in your usual account. If it does work, you can then delete the new account that you created.

If you do try this, please let me know how you get on. :)

This error is proving very tricky to pin down. If you want to, there is one more thing you could try.

Create a new account with Admin privileges. Install MBAM from the new account, then see if MBAM will work in your usual account. If it does work, you can then delete the new account that you created.

If you do try this, please let me know how you get on. :)

You are censoreding amazing you know that. It worked!

Made a new account with admin rights, started the MB there and it launched.

I went back to my main admin account and its working here to now!

Miracles do happens :)

Tell the other guys to try this out, that has the same problem as me. It should work for them as well.

Dammit, I thought we'd licked the problem there for a minute. :)

Sorry about that. If I come up with anything else I'll be sure to let you know.

I think it might be some kind of registry problem, but I can't seem to find out exactly where the source of it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :P

None yet unfortunately, but the following has fixed the error for at least one user that I know of. Please give it a try to see if it fixes it. Even if it does not correct the errors it will not harm your system:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    sc config msiserver start= auto
    net stop msiserver
    msiexec /unreg
    msiexec /regserver
    regsvr32 msi.dll
    net start msiserver
    del /f /q %0

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run it. Note: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you must right click on it and select Run as administrator then click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

Please let me know if this resolved the issue or not.

Hello :angry:

None yet unfortunately, but the following has fixed the error for at least one user that I know of. Please give it a try to see if it fixes it. Even if it does not correct the errors it will not harm your system:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    sc config msiserver start= auto
    net stop msiserver
    msiexec /unreg
    msiexec /regserver
    regsvr32 msi.dll
    net start msiserver
    del /f /q %0

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run it. Note: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you must right click on it and select Run as administrator then click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

Please let me know if this resolved the issue or not.

well, i dont know what to say, but when i installed MB with the 1.44 version, put the exclusion rules, updated MB to the latest, restarted windows and it suddenly starts to work. i can open it up! and i didnt even use that fix.bat file.

Is there something on the updates you guys included inside about resolving this issue?

ah there is one thing, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys does not exist, like before and now.

But i dont care as long as it works for me :P

Thanks for all the help guys!