error code 12029,0,winhttpsendrequest

I have uninstalled, restarted, cleaned, restarted, reinstalled. I have also added the appropriate files to the exclusion list of the firewall. I am running Windows 7 with Avira, MS security, and IOBit. My other computer running Windows XP updates fine. This is the error I get no matter what I do. I have noticed other people with this problem, but none of the solutions given to them has worked for me.

My database is 4052, date 4/29/10, even after clean reinstall.

Hope I didn't leave any info out.

Thanks

Hello and :welcome:

First things first.... Are you running Avira and MS Security Essentials at the same time. Having more than one anti-virus software running at the same time will cause issues.....

I am running them at the same time, but I have also tried disabling all of them and it still didn't work. i thought it was best to have more than one anti-virus. Should I not? It was never a problem in Windows XP.

Hi -

You will find your MS Security is always running and is always active - If you have Avira as a scheduled running Anti virus this Will cause problems -

If you mix IoBit , also with an active A/V then you will have a very bad setup - Select Avira or Microsoft Security Essentials and stay with one only - :(

I find MSE runs very well , very quiet , and has very low usage -

Fully Delete the ones you do not want , not just disable them and keep Malwarebytes then you will have a happier computer - :)

Version 4147 is current as I type this - IoBit causes a clash with Malwarebytes due to its general make up - :welcome:

Post back after you sort out the Antivirus part and we can help a lot more -

Thank You - :(

Ok now enter the file exceptions from MBAM into MS Security Essentials like the example LOCATED HERE

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

I already had the files and folders excluded and I added the processes. But that still didn't change anything. I used to have McAfee as my AV and found that it still had a few things running, but I have deleted them all and still no change. I've already excluded it from the Firewall, also. I didn't find any web filter. I tried disabling the real time monitoring from MSE, but that didn't work either. :welcome:

• Root Admin

Please run the following and post back the logs and we'll see if we can find anything obvious.

Download
DDS
and save it to your desktop

Disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click
dds.scr
to run the tool.

When done, the
DDS.txt
will open.

Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt

2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop

• Please include the following logs in your next reply:
    DDS.txt
    and
    Attach.txt

:) So... any other suggestions since I can't seem to run dds?

Did you disable your A/V and any active antimalware programs while you were trying to access DDS -

If all the other ideas fail, please follow these instructions and let our experts fully check your system (free naturally) -

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :)