malwarebytes smaller tabs

5 minutes ago i have started malwarebytes and ran quick scan

after a while when i looked to the screen my desktop icons got bigger like safe's mode

i right clicked then view then i have seletec small and then again medium and it got fixed

but the tabs of malwarebytes are still in a very small size

how can i fix that?

Font size will affect the size of MBAM's tabs. Please do the following to see if it corrects the issue:

• Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize
  • Click on Window Color
  • Click on Advanced appearance settings...
  • Change the font settings for Icon to Segoe UI and select 9 as the size
  • Use the same font settings for Menu and also make sure that its size is set to 19
  • Click on Apply then Click OK and close the Window Color and Appearance window

Please do the following, the attached reg file will reset all of your system's font settings to their defaults for Windows 7 64 bit:

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

• Please download ERUNT from here
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say NO to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup.
    • Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.

[*]Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.

[*]Click on OK

[*]Then click on YES to create the folder.

Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe

Once that's done, download the attached zip file and extract it, then double click the .reg file it contains to apply it to your registry. Once that's completed, restart your computer and let me know if it's resolved:Font_Defaults_7x64.zip

I'll look into this further, it's possible that the default system font settings in Windows 7 are causing this. Currently my 7 system only runs at a screen resolution of 1366x768 because it's a laptop. I'll install 7 on my desktop which has a monitor that runs at 1980x1200 to see if the tabs appear small.

Thanks for reporting this guys, hopefully we'll figure out how to make the tabs appear at a larger size.

Yes, as I said before, I suspect it's because of the default font settings in 7, they are different from those in XP, and I suspect Vista as well. I haven't gotten it loaded up on my desktop yet but I will soon and then I'll look into the matter to see if my results are the same. If they are there likely isn't too much we can do about it because MBAM uses the same font/DPI settings as the operating system itself.

dear exile360

i dont want to blaim you but from the time i had opened ur .reg some windows pop up larger than the normal size..

and the words color is getting bad because there are a bit larger than the normal

i cant restore from the program u told me to use because it is not compatible with windows 7

can u do something for that pls?

if you cant there is no problem

i will get used it

Reset All Font Settings in Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Appearance and Personalization
  • Click on Change Font Settings under Fonts
  • Click on Restore default font settings

That should get everything back to normal.

Please let me know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Something is odd, I see a lot of pixellation around the tabs and the rest of the interface in the image you uploaded. Are you running a non-standard Windows theme? Is your color set to 32 bit (ie not 16 bit)?

Here's an image of MBAM from Windows 7 x86 at a resolution of 1920x1200:

post-2103-1275473618_thumb.png

i dont know what my colors bit is

im not running any extra theme

im only using shark codec for windows 7

everything in my computer is normal except the tabs of malwarebytes

and like i have seen my problem happens also to other people too

Unfortunately I've not been able to replicate this. I've only seen an issue like this myself once, and that was on my Vista system when I used a reg hack to set all system fonts to the new SegoeUI font to update the look of Windows. That caused the small tabs, but I've never seen this on a default install at any resolution (even 1920x1200).

dem, please do the following:

Check System Font Settings:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes" /s>"%userprofile%\desktop\fonts.txt"
    reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts" /s>>"%userprofile%\desktop\fonts.txt"
    reg query "HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache" /s>>"%userprofile%\desktop\fonts.txt"
    reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontMapper\FamilyDefaults" /s>>"%userprofile%\desktop\fonts.txt"
    "%userprofile%\desktop\fonts.txt"
    del /f /q "%userprofile%\desktop\fonts.txt"
    del /f /q %0

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file FontCheck.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it.
  • Once it finishes it will open the file it created in notepad, please copy and paste the file's contents into your next reply.