Run-time error '372' vbalsgrid6.ocx

CTRL+P is print. The paste shortcut is CTRL+V (which admittedly doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

Have you tried installing and runing version 1.17 of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware? If not, download it from here.

Thank you for the reply.

I know <ctrl>V is to paste. I guess I wasn't thinking after my last trip. Sorry.

I tried installing ver 1.17. Even though your link doesn't work I did download it from the main download web page.

I am getting the same error:

Run-time error '372':

Failed to load control 'vbalGrid' from vbalsgrid6.ocx. Your version of vbalsgrid6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Malwarebytes won't install.

Thank you,

Docfxit

I tried installing ver 1.17. Even though your link doesn't work I did download it from the main download web page.

Sorry about that. There was a PHP issue at my site, and while trying to fix it, my hosting service appears to have broken all of their servers. I'm not sure how they managed to do that, but I assume that they know about it, and are attempting to fix it :lol:

I am getting the same error:

Run-time error '372':

Failed to load control 'vbalGrid' from vbalsgrid6.ocx. Your version of vbalsgrid6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Malwarebytes won't install.

We may have to wait and see what Marcin says about this one. It sounds like an issue with the installer, which I would believe is made using the Nullsoft Scriptable Installer System.

The only thing I can think of is maybe you don't have Windows Installer 3.1 installed? Of course, if you have an infection, it's best not to install updates like that...

Can you download and run Stinger?

We are talking about some kind of runtime testing in the installer and linking to the correct runtime installer if there is a problem .

I still think a stand-alone scanner would be the best course of action. We need to get Marcin on that if he'll agree to it.

Do you know if I can bundle the MBAM I have installed, ZIP it, and let him download and run it? I assume the licence is stored in the registry, so there's no need to worry about it still being registered when he extracts it?

I still think a stand-alone scanner would be the best course of action. We need to get Marcin on that if he'll agree to it.

Do you know if I can bundle the MBAM I have installed, ZIP it, and let him download and run it? I assume the licence is stored in the registry, so there's no need to worry about it still being registered when he extracts it?

My conversation with Marcin is showing that any of what I was thinking is impossible without a years worth of work, so scratch that idea for the moment...

Sorry about that. There was a PHP issue at my site, and while trying to fix it, my hosting service appears to have broken all of their servers. I'm not sure how they managed to do that, but I assume that they know about it, and are attempting to fix it :lol:

We may have to wait and see what Marcin says about this one. It sounds like an issue with the installer, which I would believe is made using the Nullsoft Scriptable Installer System.

The only thing I can think of is maybe you don't have Windows Installer 3.1 installed? Of course, if you have an infection, it's best not to install updates like that...

Can you download and run Stinger?

I ran Stinger in SafeMode. It didn't find anything.

I also ran VCleaner in SafeMode. It didn't find anything.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Can you try this.

1. Unregister the OCX.

2. Run a registry cleaner (such as CCleaner) which will remove all references to that control.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Register the OCX.

In a CMD window in C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes I ran:

Regsvr32 /u vbalsgrid6.ocx

The latest version of CCleaner cleaning out the registry.

Re-booted the laptop.

Regsvr32 vbalsgrid6.ocx

Both times I ran Regsvr32 I did get a message saying they were successful.

Thanks for trying.

I think it has something to do with a bunch of services that won't start.

Docfxit

OK let's pick a thread here and stay in it. Docfxit has a thread in HJT forum also. I can't work with him if he's going to be doing stuff in this one too. So what if best?

Sorry for the confusion. I tried going to the other thread in post #21 but it didn't work.

I tried summarizing everything in this thread into the other thread for you up until post #21.

I'm happy to work in either or both.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Jean, how about we keep your HJT analysis, and your anti-malware instructions in the HJT thread, and keep the issues with trying to get MBAM running in this thread? If you still think that's too confusing, then can you merge that thread with this one? Which forum it ends up in is not important.

Anyway, Docfxit, have you tried running TuneUp Utilities? The free, time-limited trial is fully functional, and you can remove it when you are done with it. The registry cleaner can be found in the "Maintain Windows" section. There are also some other nice tools that might be helpful.

BTW: Do you have a Windows disk that you can do a repair install with? That would solve all of your problems, although much of the software would need to be reinstalled, and some settings may need to be regenerated.

GT500 my point is too many cooks spoil the broth. If you want to take over the entire process then I really think that's best. In my experience when one part of the machine is getting tweaked it messes with all of it. The goal is a clean functioning machine.

GT500 my point is too many cooks spoil the broth. If you want to take over the entire process then I really think that's best. In my experience when one part of the machine is getting tweaked it messes with all of it. The goal is a clean functioning machine.

Do you think this is more likely to be a malware issue, or something else? I'm more inclined to let you take over and do your thing with the HJT log, and other anti-malware proceedures that you walk people through. I'm more used to doing the actual work by hand than I am talking someone through it, so you might have better luck.

Do you think this is more likely to be a malware issue, or something else? I'm more inclined to let you take over and do your thing with the HJT log, and other anti-malware proceedures that you walk people through. I'm more used to doing the actual work by hand than I am talking someone through it, so you might have better luck.

Malware is known to cause the best of apps to stop functioning. I'm fairly sure the system is infected and IMO and nearly anyone else in the malware community your going to run into, cleaning the infection is priority. In the past when MBAM has failed once a new variant of usually Vundo is removed MBAM works fine. It's on of the nastiests things out there and constantly mutates.

Malware is known to cause the best of apps to stop functioning. I'm fairly sure the system is infected and IMO and nearly anyone else in the malware community your going to run into, cleaning the infection is priority. In the past when MBAM has failed once a new variant of usually Vundo is removed MBAM works fine. It's on of the nastiests things out there and constantly mutates.

Then I'll let you do your thing in the HJT forum. wink_happy.png

You may want to close this topic so that it doesn't get carried on by someone else.

• 4 months later...
  • Root Admin

I'm reasonably certain I've found the solution to fixing this. Not certain what causes the issue though in the first place.

It's very late here right now and I still need to write up some documentation and do a little more testing but will try to post the fix some time this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm reasonably certain I've found the solution to fixing this. Not certain what causes the issue though in the first place.

It's very late here right now and I still need to write up some documentation and do a little more testing but will try to post the fix some time this weekend.

Please, what does the solution you found consist of?

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with this?

Run-time error '372':

We ran Malwarebytes and let it do its thing all the way to to its removal process. But now when we go to get online IE is just a very quick flash and then nothing. It will not load. I thought to take a look at the internet connection and no matter what I do I cannot create a network connection. We use the lan settings and we can go through the process of creating one but nothing ever appears after the setup. We have rebooted many times and nothing seems to work. Is the ONLY fix a fresh XP install?

• Root Admin

There are various issues that can cause loss of Internet activity. It could be Malware that is on your system that needs to be removed first, however it could also be from the removal of Malware or similar issues. Step one should be to ensure you remove any Malware from your system first.

Depending on what is wrong there are 3 methods of repair that you can try to re-establish connectivity.

METHOD 1

LSP-Fix

Repairs Winsock 2 settings, caused by buggy or improperly-removed Internet software, that result in loss of Internet access

METHOD 2

WinSock XP Fix 1.2

It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings.

If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software, Adware or after registry clean-up; and all other ways fail, then give WinSock XP Fix a try.

METHOD 3

Microsoft KB article to reset TCP/IP

One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become corrupted. If you cannot connect to the Internet and you have tried all other methods to resolve the problem, TCP/IP might be causing it.

Because TCP/IP is a core component of Windows, you cannot remove it. However, you can reset TCP/IP to its original state by using the NetShell utility (netsh)