Changes in cmd arguments...

Hello,

Since updating MBAM to 1.45, I notice that my batch file doesn't work anymore.

First off, yes I noted that the cmd options changed a little and have adjusted it to suit but it still seems to fail.

My batch file (which used to work fine before the update etc.):

@echo off
start mbam.exe /update /scan -quick
exit

The update works as it should, but them MBAM just closes and the scan doesn't take place. I think that is correct according to the help file.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thanks, but that causes problems too...

1.I have to enter the UAC password twice...(not necessarirly that bad...)

2.The second 'start' happens before the update is finished so the UAC blocks my clicking Ok to the update and if you put the password in, it gives the error that MBAM is already running (because of the update)

I think if you remove the start before mbam.exe /update, that will resolve the issue with it saying Malwarebytes' is already running, as that will cause it to wait until completion before moving on to the next command. As for the duplicate UAC prompts, if you right-click the batch file and select Run as administrator, then that will get rid of that as it will call MBAM with admin privielages automatically since they are child processes of the admin level command prompt. If it doesn't work properly (ie it says "cannot find mbam.exe" or similar), then you may need to include the path to mbam.exe in your batch commands.

Hi Exile,

As always, spot on :)

Had to have the full path, with quotes.

For anyone else, the batch file is:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /update
start mbam.exe /scan -quick
exit

As for the admin thing, again you are right. Unfortunately though it seems as though I cannot set it to run as admin by default...(similar to how I have to with MBAM for some reason)...It is greyed out. But it works. :)

post-21904-1270559230_thumb.png

Thanks,

Yes, unfortunately Windows doesn't allow batch files to be set to run as admin since they aren't exe's. It won't allow a shortcut to the batch file to work that way either. There is an alternative, but it's a bit beyond the scope of this forum so I can't give you too much info, but if you want info on it, it's a tool called Batchrun. You can create a Batchrun file (.brs file extension) and set it to run as admin using the compatibility checkbox for batchrun.exe when it's installed, and associate .brs files with batchrun.exe (an option available in Batchrun itself).

Hey everyone,

i have just been experimenting a bit and would like to make a few points.

1. the batch file for 64bit windows is as follows:

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /update

start mbam.exe /scan -quick

exit

2. if you create a shortcut you can get the shortcut to always run as administrator

right click then click on properties

go to the shortcut tab

click on advanced

tick the box run as administrator

then click on ok until its all closed.

I have found out the above using windows 7 64bit.

hopefully otherpeople can check on other versions of windows.

• Root Admin

And for a very low price it will do all of this for you silently for a lifetime and protect you from drive by attacks which all the batch files and tweaks of the program are not going to load the Protection Module to stop these drive by or similar attacks.

Nothing wrong with using the program in a free mode you're more than welcome to but preventing the infection in the first place is much better than trying to cleanup the damage afterward especially where many steal data and send it on.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Key Features

@lodore,

Admin thing works for me, although there is a second admin prompt for MBAM...Doesn't really matter for me any way, will just use it normally.

Thanks,

@AdvancedSetup,

If I had the money, yes....but alas, I don't...(also not down to just me...)

And the batch file is because I am INCREDIBLY lazy :)

-Scott-