After 1.43 update can't start protection mode

After the 1.43 update I cannot start the protection mode. An error box pops up with this [Create Service] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 1073.

This error box also pops up a while after I close the program, [Open Event] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 2.

Looked at Event Viewer and it stated that MBAM.exe is not a valid win32 application.

I'm using Windows 2000 with all service packs, that was an upgrade from WindowsNT.

Also tried using procedures in the FAQ section, #7.

Malwarebytes icon doe's not show up on task bar which indicates to me the protection mode is not running.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Please open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click on the 'logs' tab, and open the protection log with the date that you saw this error. Please copy and paste the contents of that log into a reply.

I am having the same issue. Here are the contents of my log file. Thanks.

12:00:03 ERROR WTSQueryUserToken failed with error code 1008

12:00:03 MESSAGE Protection stopped

12:08:53 ERROR WTSQueryUserToken failed with error code 1008

12:08:53 MESSAGE Protection stopped

12:16:22 ERROR WTSQueryUserToken failed with error code 1008

12:16:22 MESSAGE Protection stopped

12:34:36 ERROR WTSQueryUserToken failed with error code 1008

12:34:36 MESSAGE Protection stopped

• Root Admin

Please try the following if needed.

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

I have tried the above method yesterday 3 times and also 3 times today, no difference. In my log file I have nothing. After enabling protection, it says protection enabled, however when I close down the program, I get an error box about 1 to 2 min. later [Open Event] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code:2. No icon in task bar.

Att ram53 ; - or others with Code 2 error messages please read the following link from our experts that provides some fixes -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=149077

Thank You - :)

ALL my updates cause the program not to work and like you their uninstall doesn't work either. Luckily I can install the new one over whats left and it works. Immediatly after updates it won't even open till you d/l mnew one. THAT is BS

ALL my updates cause the program not to work and like you their uninstall doesn't work either. Luckily I can install the new one over whats left and it works. Immediatly after updates it won't even open till you d/l mnew one. THAT is BS

What anti-virus software do you use? Are there any other real-time security softwares running?

New version 1.43 installs, updates and scans fine. Get the error boxes when enabling realtime protection. I have installed with anti virus and firewall disabled, only to get the same results. Event Log states "mbam.exe is not a valid win32 application.

Downloaded from laptop to clean usb drive. File size 4.82mb. Did another clean install, same results. Ran complete scan with malwarebytes and avast, both came up clean. Hijack this log also looks clean. Does not look like it's because of an infection. Still failing to start protection service.

@ Ram53 & Darkstar & anyone else seeing "MBAMService is not a valid Win32 application"

As Ron mentioned, you may have a corrupted or incomplete download, or, system is infected, and I'll add, you may have very very low FREE space.

Use Windows Explorer to see the amount of free space in My Computer.

Use temp file cleaner to free up space.

TFC by OldTimer

Recheck your free space.

I'd also suggest you run a full scan with your antivirus and see if result is all clear.

@ Ram53 & Darkstar & anyone else seeing "MBAMService is not a valid Win32 application"

Let me suggest, if you're an MBAM customer, you contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Alternatively, Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Please post there Gmer.txt log

the DDS logs

your latest MBAM scan log (if you have one)

Your HijackThis log (if you have one)

Give a link to this thread, along with a synopsis of your situation.

Don't post your logs here.

Cheers.

@ ram53

You are highly encouraged to follow prior directions for creating topic in Malware Removal/HJT sub-forum.

You had an old post from early December http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=33042

and given you didn't follow thru with further checks, I tend to suspect your system had some malware remnants, not caught by your scan.

BTW, I have closed that stale thread. Do open a new one.

@ Maurice Naggar

Thanks for your help I will email service since this is a paid sub. BTW the post you are referring to was not for this computer, it was from one of my other ones, followed a few methods of removal and was able to get rid of inflicting files, Hijack this log was clean, so If i'm not mistaken I thought I stated that in my last post. Thanks for the help.

Ok. But I wish you'd re-consider and open a post in the Malware Removal forum.

If he is going to e-mail our technical support, then he will get faster help with malware removal then he will on the forum (not better help, but faster help). :)

Please try the following if needed.

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

Hi,

I followed the above instruction after getting an error code 1073. After doing all what was instructed to the dot... i now get an error code 1245

Here is a copy of the log file

Ayen ERROR WTSQueryUserToken failed with error code 1245

Ayen MESSAGE Protection stopped

(null) ERROR WTSQueryUserToken failed with error code 1245

(null) MESSAGE Protection stopped

please help....thanks