Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.43 released

Were the bugfixes not driven largely by this user's issue ?

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34503

We are watching the thread at Wilders http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=260932

The shareware builds and freeware builds may use the same installer, I am not disputing that.

It comes as a surprise to some that MBAM is not longer freeware in this release.

This is what most MBAM users wish to know at this point in time.

Greets,

or use the forum update if needed. :)

here

Yes, thanks, I see Marcin's announcement thread, thank you.

I and others are not out to make any enemies here, at all, we would like to know if the new build will be released as freeware or not.

• Root Admin

Just as always the program is free to use for home users. We've simply added a little more to the application to show users that there are other benefits to purchasing the product is all. We will continue to help and support anyone with Malware removal whether or not they've purchased the product.

Thank you.

Hi siljaline,

The bugfixes were nothing to do with that user's issue. I established in that thread that MBAM's realtime protection module running at startup does NOT conflict in any way with with NOD32. The issue that user had was not directly related to either MBAM or NOD32. The issue was related to having too many programs trying to run at Boot Execute and Logon.

Version 1.43 was releases with these bugfixes:

1. (FIXED) Minor issue with crash during scans.

2. (FIXED) Minor issues with 704 (0, 0) errors.

3. (FIXED) Problems with memory usage spiking in protection module.

4. (FIXED) Problems detecting certain types of malicious software.

5. (ADDED) Support for Belarusian language.

MBAM is still free. The realtime protection module is the major difference between free and paid versions. But the excellent malware removal capabilities are exactly the same in both the free and the paid version.

@All

Thanks for addressing my questions, let's leave the dust settle, at least for me and let others query you instead of me on behalf of the entire MBAM user community :)

Peace !

Have a great New Year and keep up the excellent work on an excellent product.

Thanks siljaline,

Good health and a happy new year to you and everyone at Wilders. ie2fco.gif

Thank you - drop in a Wilder's any time you wish.

All the best. thumbup.gif

I have been trying to resolve an issue with malwarebytes ever since you have added the IP protection option.

1. I don't want IP protection.

2. After I have disabled the Ip Protection I keep getting messages that the mbam service has stopped.

3. I have already tried several options to fix this problem

A. Uninstalled, Ran clean utility, stopped anitvirus and even added, (see Below), to my antivirus (AVG) ignore list.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

I have Win XP Pro Sp3 and have never had a problem with any previous versions.

If go to the services.msc in Windows and start the service and I DON'T click "ok" when I get the error message Service terminated unexpectedly, see event log. the tray Icon stays on. If I do Click ok the icon disapears, and service stops.

4. I can no longer enable IP protection either.

EVENT LOG:

20:29:34 (null) ERROR CreateFile failed with error code 5

20:29:34 (null) MESSAGE Protection stopped

5. I have deleted all registry entries for Malwarebytes and MBAMService services as well. rebooted and reinstalled several times.

PLEASE HELP.. I have the latest version 1.43

• 2 months later...

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes (by the way the current version is now 1.44....)

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.