Viper Antivirus Enterprize

Firefox

I'm familiar with Sunbelt, they also make CounterSpy which used to be pretty decent, I'm not sure how it is these days though, or how Vipre is. But I can speak from experience (as we also unfortunately use it at work) when I say that CA rivals McRappy...err...McAfee in how terrible it is. It's infrequently updated with new definitions (sometimes 3 or 4 days pass with no updates, I check the logs regularly ;) ), it's horribly cumbersome on system resources and the UI is a joke with very little access to many settings at all.

I tested out Vipre a while ago, but it was only on my computer for about an hour. After using NOD32, it seemed like Vipre slowed my computer down to a snail's pace. They say on their website that Vipre is fast and light on system resources, but that was definitely not my experience. When I uninstalled Vipre, my P4 3.6 seemed like a Tesla S1070. It felt like I was flying. lol.

I do use the Vipre Rescue Program in my UBCD4Win Antimalware boot disks though. I think it has quite a good detection level in a BartPE environment.