Summer 2024

NewTricks

Yer not kiddin' ~ the price of everything else too. 

I splurged for a 9 oz jar of "artisan" handmade mustard & picked up at a local eatery. The parking lot of this place is always full. 

An Amish store makes bacon egg & cheese on an English muffin for $6. That's once a week. 

Eating at the LaFayette ~ never. 

RidiculousMenu.png

• Like 1

• Root Admin

I am so spoiled. My sister-in-law does professional baking and often makes a carrot cake when they visit. Yes, very caloric but oh.... so good. Once you have that fresh home baked carrot cake you'll never buy one from the Cafeteria again

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Another good set of media

Wow, wow, wow! It's wonderful to let us join you on your journeys. I am enthralled by the turtle videos. Absolutely lovely, I'm a fan. Thanks for taking, processing and posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The State of New York Motor Vehicles blessed me with an enhanced license, just in time to use it tomorrow afternoon. I put it off because I really loved my former photo, plus who was going anywhere, anyway?

My new photo looks a little severe, but what I like best is a my handmade earring shows clearly and my hair was "straight" and looking good. Expires in 2030. Will I last that long?

• Like 1

The BBC today has some stunning images of recent noctilucent (night shining) clouds over Scotland:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgl7rk9gjnmo

I think this one is my favourite, Andrew Lindsay's picture was taken from Hamilton, Lanarkshire.
nightclouds.jpg.eb8fdd8becc673a53dac41377af47175.jpg

Edited by nukecad
  • Like 3

@nukecad I've missed you! Glad to see you're alive & well ~ and are still choosing gorgeous stunning photos from your corner of the world. 

Andrew Lindsay knows what he's doing. Love those noctilucent clouds over my ancestral home. 

• Root Admin

Mine is used outdoors often throughout the year but was a printed flag vs. an embroidered flag which I wanted as well

Outdoor Polyester U.S. Flags

Heavier, stronger, woven

USFlagstore's Embroidered Polyester U.S. Flags are made in the USA from 2-ply polyester. Polyester is the most durable flag material. Polyester flags have an open weave which reduces wind resistance, lessens abrasion and provides for a longer lifespan. These flags are heavier and require more wind to fly, but have the longest lifespan.

3' x 5' Embroidered Polyester U.S. Flags have these quality features:

• Made from 2-ply Polyester
  • Longest lasting flag fabric
  • Recommended for 24/7 flying in windy areas
  • Weighs .95 lbs.

• Like 1

Honestly, I am not sure if mine is Nylon or Polyester.  I do know that it is a synthetic fabric vs. the 1976 '76 flag which is a natural fibre and one can tell by "touch."

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Bought a new 3x5 US flag last week for July 4th

It's probably the envy of the neighborhood. Decent size too. 

Polyester is truly the most durable, resists shrinkable and fading. 

Cotton can be spun from short or long fibers, they don't always tell you. It is susceptible to light/fading and does not perform well when exposed to the elements.  

Edited by NewTricks
added details
  • Like 1

I survived flying yesterday. Whoa! I remembered why I do it so infrequently. A budget airline flies direct from NY to NC. If you count lift off to wheels down, it's only 65 minutes.

I was a sardine in row 29, total 38 rows in the plane with 6 seats each. At a minimum of $200 a head, $45,600 for a short hop, not bad.  I knew I was in good hands when I watched one of the pilots board with a celebrated local pizza. 

The padding in the seats was probably 1/4 inch of years old foam. But that wasn't the worst part. "Turbulence" ruled the entire flight and brought up memories of old Twilight Zone episodes with that monster on the wing.

Nope, it was bright sun above the clouds, so I quickly forgot about that. 

Now in the bosom of family and preparing for an all out birthday bash tomorrow, things are cooking literally. Penny's been at the grill all day.

Four July birthdays in 'da fam. What could be better?  

• Like 2