Malwarebytes will not activate & I get zero support

I am a paid subscriber to Malwarebytes 5.1.3. and started having terrible issues with the app on my Mac (Sonoma 14.4) It started getting stuck at 95% and never stopped scanning. I removed the program and reinstalled. Now it will not activate, but my subscription is paid up. I called Malwarebytes and they need me to give them a Pin ID but I cannot find out where to find it despite following the Chat Bot's advice. I have been given multiple ticket numbers but they never get back to me. This is so very frustrating. Can anyone help? 

@SteveRC You can't call them but you can request they call you in your support ticket.

Please sign in to your Malwarebytes account https://my.malwarebytes.com/login

From your account, you can:

• AI Chatbot: At the bottom right of your account, click the Chat icon to speak with our AI Chatbot.
  • Create a support ticket: Use the AI Chatbot to create a support ticket, and a support agent will respond to your ticket request via email.
  • Chat with a live agent: Use the AI chatbot to connect with a human support agent for live chat.
  • Have more questions? Submit a Support Ticket https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please submit only one ticket/request or your ticket will be further delayed.

Be advised it can take 3-10 weekdays for a response after the automated reply with your ticket number.

Edited by Porthos

6 hours ago, SteveRC said:

I am a paid subscriber to Malwarebytes 5.1.3. and started having terrible issues with the app on my Mac (Sonoma 14.4) It started getting stuck at 95% and never stopped scanning.

Hello @SteveRC:

A possible regression may have been caused when the protection database was updated to 4.0.632. When soon discovered, an updated protection database (4.0.633) was released that corrected the scans hanging at 95% issue.

HTH

1 hour ago, 1PW said:

A possible regression may have been caused when the protection database was updated to 4.0.632. When soon discovered, an updated protection database (4.0.633) was released that corrected the scans hanging at 95% issue.

The user uninstalled and reinstalled it and can not activate it.

Hello @SteveRC:

Please verify only the present status of your subscription license record at https://my.malwarebytes.com/.

Unfortunately, many license holders may forget to deactivate the license before undertaking a severe uninstall of Malwarebytes 5 for macOS (MB5 Premium).

Please reply to this topic with the present license status at my.malwarebytes.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

• Administrators

@SteveRC, Jason here from support. Thanks for your patience; I located your inquiry and sent you a follow-up so we can continue to investigate your experience.

This is not a typical experience for our software, so I am also curious to help you understand what is occurring in this instance.

I look forward to understanding more so we can further assist you.