Multiple BSODs laptop reset multiple times but BSODs come back

Lenovo YOGA 920-13IKB, Product Number: 80Y7003PAU, Bios Version: 5NCN41WW Pre-installed operating system Win10 Home (Redstone) (x64)

Purchased 2017 upgraded to Windows 11 via Windows Update  

Multiple BSODs Lenovo laptop W11 reset multiple times but BSODs even come back usually start after a shutdown and subsequent restart and gradually increase in frequency but never generate logs

BSODs started around Dec Jan just occasionally then got worse until reset was only option. Reset multiple times, look good at first (for a couple of days) then BSOD cycle would repeat 

Have run multiple diagnostics Windows, Lenovo Smart Performance, WhoCrashed but none have found anything however at some point Wifi has disappeared, no Network adapter or settings

For this reset I installed Logitech Mouse and Keyboard and let MacAfee scan.(found nothing)

Ran SysnativeFileCollectionApp and have 3  SysnativeFileCollectionApp zips

1 ran overnight but didn't complete, next ran to completion & third ran immediately after Blue Screen (i didn't see the code it was too quick. I have photos of a couple of BSODs from a while back)

Do I upload here? Can't see where anyone else has uploaded so I am being cautious

Thank you for you help

Tried DRIVER VERIFIER and it did it's job, I 've got nothing but BSODs 

image.png.d87c00ab9521ff4e49c34123c4c134ea.png

After about 5 hours I've restored back the restore point that I created in step #1

I've run another SysnativeFileCollectionApp Which I have attached

typed verifier /query in a cmd and got "no drivers are currently verified"

There was no dump file at c:\windows\minidump,or anywhere else

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Been checking here regularly the past week, just not yesterday.

I will have a look at the logs

• Thanks 1

Has your laptop been running hot lately?

There are multiple events registering a high temperature when the laptop shut down. There are also quite a few events regarding potential problems with the wifi card, but that could be because of temperature issues

ACPI thermal zone \_TZ.TZ01 has been enumerated.             
_PSV = 0K             
_TC1 = 0             
_TC2 = 0             
_TSP = 0ms             
_AC0 = 0K             
_AC1 = 0K             
_AC2 = 0K             
_AC3 = 0K             
_AC4 = 0K             
_AC5 = 0K             
_AC6 = 0K             
_AC7 = 0K             
_AC8 = 0K             
_AC9 = 0K             
_CRT = 392K             // 118.85 Celsius or 245.93 Fahrenheit
_HOT = 0K             
minimum throttle = 0             
_CR3 = 0K

I am subscribed, even if I don't log in for months, I would still be notified via email about a new BSOD topic and pick it up if still possible when I respond.

• Like 3

Thank you @axe0

Yes when I ran Lenovo Diagnostics it indicated machine was running hot sometimes but it doesn't feel particularly hot to touch

On many occasions after I reset machine it is reliable sometimes for days but if I shutdown and restart the BSODs return

Wifi disappeared for a period, no driver, nothing in settings then on my last reset reappeared and worked fine until a day or so later when I shut down over night and started machine in the morning and BSODs returned  

Driver verifier doesn't complete, it continues running forever until you manually reset it.

I am no hardware expert, but I suspect your laptop needs to be running hot for an extended period before you notice it by touch.

What are you running when using your laptop? Have you cleaned your laptop from dust since you bought it using compressed air spray?

Q. What are you running when using your laptop?

A. Web browsers, Excel, Word, Email nothing too demanding

Q. Have you cleaned your laptop from dust since you bought it using compressed air spray?

A. No. Not with compressed air I'll do that today

Can you elaborate on the bad shutdown?

I only saw message briefly but I think the BSOD said "Windows was not properly shut down" and then rebooted.

Since then I have been rebooting into regular W11 (without a network connection)  opening and closing files playing a bit etc without a crash.

Could it be a network hardware or software issue?

I'll reconnect blue cable today and see what happens

Could you rerun the Sysnative log collector and upload the zip file, it'd give me a better picture of what happened.

While doing this latest testing I have paused updates.

I've had a couple of days of testing with no BSOD but got one booting up yesterday so I ran another Sysnative log collector and attached.

I have also observed that since external clean and reboots sometimes windows finds my wifi card and it works for a while and other times wifi is not present. 

Earlier you noticed

There are also quite a few events regarding potential problems with the wifi card, but that could be because of temperature issues

Is it time to replace wifi card?

image.png

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

If you can replace the wifi card, I'd consider first trying to reconnect the card first. If reconnecting the wifi card isn't an option, then it'd be worth considering replacing it.