Winter 2023

NewTricks

My fondness for pink is well known, therefore, not surprising that I'd be drawn to this image. The intriguing part is the medium-alcohol ink. And like the name implies, the ink is diluted with isoprophyl alcohol. Instead of normal paper, which is too porous, Yupo paper is used. The process is found under the umbrella term acrylic pouring. In this case, alcohol ink and  not acrylic paint is used.

I had to check myself from immediately acquiring some, but if I do, I have the original brushes from my painterly days of yore.

Linda+Fix.jpg

Sheryl Williams.jpg

• Like 1

What are the chances the EXACT same thing could happen to the same person, on the same vehicle, within 6 weeks? 

The nail is "too close to the sidewall" and requires a brand new tire. This time however I was driving. 

BUT

It happened at a time and place I could have it diagnosed and partially remedied (the spare put on) before a prolonged holiday closure. I'm working on the gratitude part....😬

Screenshot 2023-12-23 9.47.23 AM.png

• Sad 1

• Root Admin
46 minutes ago, NewTricks said:

The nail is "too close to the sidewall" and requires a brand new tire. This time however I was driving.

Life can be strange. I know that for my own car where each tire costs around $400+ each that more than once I've picked up a nail in the sidewall and had to replace the tire instead of repair the tire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Why are they dropping nails all over the roads?

Good question, and unfortunately one I am already contemplating. Which parking lot is most hazardous? Walmart, (probably) Wegmans (probably not) and the Home lot (maybe) It's most likely the price of living in a society which is filled with vehicles and all the other other things in countries like ours. 

13 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Life can be strange.

Yes. A LOT of strangeness in a short period of time is where I draw the line.

Experiment #2.

1. added 1/8 cup banana puree
  2. doubled baking soda
  3. added Sultana raisins, chopped dates and chopped pecans
  4. added cloves, nutmeg, ginger
  5. baked 2.5 times as long, in slower oven
  6. wrote all details for future attempts

Result:

bread rose nicely, only to collapse within 5 minutes out of the oven

removing from the pan caused everything to break apart miserably

extra moist& totally DELICIOUS in every way 😆heavenly with yogurt.

80% went in the freezer, with slices separated by parchment paper. 

Experiment#2.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

but no desire to live in it

Feeling the same way, and I grew up in it. When you're a kid, it's fine & fun. Idyllic until a certain age. We won't say what age that is-but rhymes with heavenly.

NewTricks learned an unexpected lesson yesterday. I attempted to make an online donation which failed, and failed. By Android and by desktop. I contacted the webmaster for an explanation, and finally got one. "Payments failed due to 3d secure authentication. Being a bear of little brain for tech issues, I discovered that this process started out as a VISA program "Verified by VISA" and even tried to use it when it first came out years ago. No dice. Either the program or I had too many glitches, so I lived without it. Since then it's morphed into a different form in 2019.

My conclusion was: If this is primarily a VISA platform, then it may not even recognize Mastercard. I tried once more with a VISA.

My recipient will be happy and I'm happy too.

Pooh with Ballooon.jpg

8 hours ago, NewTricks said:

Special delivery just in time for New Year! So, are you shoveling, or waiting for it to melt? above or below zero there?

just gorgeous too 💟

Have a neighbor with 3 monster john deere that is plowing the roads here, so i call him when the need is there.

At the moment it is -1c here, but we have been down to -13c. Have lots of fire wood in the barn

• Like 1