Advice & information request

Having trouble with IP blocking module:

DETAILS:

1. MBAM starts normally; icon visible in systray with all three options ticked (after right-clicking on icon). Options visible and are ticked after every reboot / cold start after normal shutdown.

1a. Can log on and off from both Windows and the internet with no problem or untoward symptom. Computer is functioning quite normally at least as far as I can see

2. The IP block pop-up doesn't appear when it should. I've tested it with confirmed FPs in the FP forum.

2a. Instead, with some sites the entire right-click menu (from the systray icon) vanishes and stays vanished for the entire browsing session and only comes back after a reboot / cold start. This thread I believe is about this although I didn't think so at the time.

2b. The entire icon becomes non-functional (ie left- and right-clicks don't work at all) during this time although MBAM works perfectly with complete functionality if accessed via the Start Menu.

3. Logs in C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes|Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs show both Protection and IP Protection as having started successfully (with listed IPs as being blocked).

4. I have not disabled IP block pop-up visibility using the registry switch detailed here

5. I get no error code messages at any time from either MBAM or Windows.

5a. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MBAM 3 times now using the mbam-clean.exe tool. The same problem occurred on each occasion.

I've a feeling that there are registry values pertaining to MBAM that are missing but not too sure about this.

Don't know what to do next.

Help with this would be much appreciated. :)

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstalling the software following the below instructions?

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

I'll give that a try, Firefox, and we'll see what happens.

EDIT at 18.28. So far so good; it's installed without a problem and IP blocking is ticked in the sysem tray icon. Now to test it on known live FPs... :)

at 18.34. Not solved it for me. Same thing is occurring as described initially. But thanks, Firefox anyway.

...mm..Thank you for checking.

I'm just looking at the MBAM key in the HKCU hive; just noticing that there are no dword entries at all related to either bit of the protection module. Should there be any?

MBAM's entries in the S-1-5-21 key are exactly the same, with no reference as above to the protection module.