Youtube add blocker

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options

This feature is designed for the following reasons:

• For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance
  • For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes
  • For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own

How to use the Advanced Options:

Spoiler
  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  3. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  4. Navigate to the Advanced tab
  5. The Advanced menu page contains four categories:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is run to perform a complete diagnosis. The information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip and can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist with troubleshooting the issue at hand.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a reboot.
    •  Repair System: Includes various system-related repairs in case a Windows service is not functioning correctly that Malwarebytes for Windows is dependent on. It is not recommended to use any Repair System options unless instructed by a Malwarebytes Support agent.
    • Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option will prevent Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
  6. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  7. Upon completion, click OK
  8. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  9. Please attach the file in your next reply.
  10. To uninstall all Malwarebytes Products, click the Clean button.
  11. Click the Yes button to proceed. 
  12. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
  13. After the reboot, you will have the option to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
  14. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
  15. Malwarebytes for Windows will open once the installation completes successfully.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Has nothing to do with malwarebytes. Google now simply forces you to see or pay for advertising. So you will have to turn off the adblocker for YouTube.

Here i have not seen this until now, I can look for hours without interruption. While my neighbor have it and family, no idea what i do specially.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:51 PM, Porthos said:

YouTube is rolling out blocking the use of all ad blockers.

You most likely just add YouTube to exclusions hopefully.

21 hours ago, SPDIF said:
Has nothing to do with malwarebytes. Google now simply forces you to see or pay for advertising. So you will have to turn off the adblocker for YouTube.

Here i have not seen this until now, I can look for hours without interruption. While my neighbor have it and family, no idea what i do specially.

Yes, YT has started blocking the adblockers, that's right.

However, many adblockers, such as uBlock and AdGuard, have just rolled out a specific "anti-anti-adblocker" filter update and now this issue has been fixed.

So, the question is: will Malwarebytes do anything about it or the only solution will be disabling Browser Guard/whitelisting YT on Browser Guard, because MB team does not want to break this new rule made by Google?

Thanks in advance 🙏

• Like 1

I have the same problem right now any fix for this ? I am on edge btw. The only fix i have found is to unistal the browser guard but thats not really an option.

And enable ads for youtube only doesnt work either i have to delete the guard to enjoy youtube video,s. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Edited by D4rKy
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, D4rKy said:

I have the same problem right now any fix for this ? I am on edge btw. The only fix i have found is to unistal the browser guard but thats not really an option.

Hi D4rKy

You might want to monitor NaNoNyMouse's 13-Oct-2023 AskWoody thread “Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube” .  Someone posted there today about a browser extension called FadBlock (Friendly Adblock for YouTube) that is available in the Firefox Add-ons repository and Chrome Web Store that might provide a workaround for this problem. See Martin Brinkmann's 28-Oct-2023 review on the ghacks.net site at This special YouTube Adblocker skips ads instead of blocking them.

I don't see FadBlock listed in Microsoft's Edge Add-ons store at https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/Microsoft-Edge-Extensions-Home but if view your installed extensions in MS Edge (type edge://extensions/ in the address bar) and turn on Allow Extensions From Other Stores as instructed in the MS support article Add, turn off, or remove extensions in Microsoft Edge then this will allow you to install any extension from the Chrome Web Store.

MSEdgev118_0_2088_76SettingsAllowExtensionsFromOtherStores28Oct2023.png.1d5aa805efc8d11d1b9a965c27a748bd.png

Note that I haven't tried this FadBlock extension myself but early feedback in NaNoNyMouse's AskWoody thread sounds positive.
------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3570 * Firefox v119.0.0 * Microsoft Edge v118.0.2088.76 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23090.2008-1.1.23090.2007 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.5.293-1.0.2181 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7690

Edited by lmacri
Added MS Edge screenshot

2 minutes ago, D4rKy said:

@lmacri thanks for the feedback but i am not gonne use other third party ones for now. Hopefully the team from malwarebytes can fix this problem as quickly as possible.

Hi D4rKy:

Please read some of the later posts in this thread.  This problem is caused by a new policy implemented by YouTube and has nothing to do with Malwarebytes.  Users who do not have Malwarebytes installed on their computer have the same problem.
------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3570 * Firefox v119.0.0 * Microsoft Edge v118.0.2088.76 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23090.2008-1.1.23090.2007 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.5.293-1.0.2181 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7690

41 minutes ago, D4rKy said:

Hopefully the team from malwarebytes can fix this problem as quickly as possible.

Malwarebytes is probably not going to bypass YouTube's policies.

Go to YouTube and turn off the following and see if that helps. if so the rest of the web is still protected.

image.png.2e90dc6532453a3d544eacd122546ac4.png

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Malwarebytes is probably not going to bypass YouTube's policies.

Go to YouTube and turn off the following and see if that helps. if so the rest of the web is still protected.

image.png.2e90dc6532453a3d544eacd122546ac4.png

Sadly it still blocks, well i gues no more youtube then for now. Unless a small update can fix this.

Edited by D4rKy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SPDIF said:

Still has nothing to do with MWB... With or without Browser Guard, i look anything i want, as long as i want, no adds to see or any warning. 😀

They rolling out true the whole world wont be long then u cant watch it either anymore unless u disable malwarebytes browser guard.

• Like 1

I even download that video in seconds if needed. All around me complain, but i have yet to see the first video block. I decide to what i look, not youtube.

No problems here either i use their Guard or not, it plays no role. Friends complain, family, but at my computers nothing to see...

Edited by SPDIF

I even have no account on youtube, never subscribe anyone or anything. Maybe that's the reason, i dunno.

But thinking that MWB will help you blocking the ads on youtube... Dream further... MWB does not block anything on youtube, you need other extensions for that.

It only makes that youtube can't follow you and give somewhat more privacy. When i switch off everything in the browser then i see ads, and a lot of them. When at this moment i activate Browser Guard, nothing changes i still have ads. MWB blocks cookies for advertising, and that can make youtube to send an alert to you. MWB is an AV and privacy packet not an adblocker...

Edited by SPDIF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SPDIF said:

I even have no account on youtube, never subscribe anyone or anything. Maybe that's the reason, i dunno.

But thinking that MWB will help you blocking the ads on youtube... Dream further... MWB does not block anything on youtube, you need other extensions for that.

It only makes that youtube can't follow you and give somewhat more privacy. When i switch off everything in the browser then i see ads, and a lot of them. When at this moment i activate Browser Guard, nothing changes i still have ads.

And this is the reason why you're not seeing any block warnings: the anti-adblocker implemented by YT links to your Google/YouTube account.

Indeed, as a temporary workaround, I'm watching YT videos on Firefox and Edge, because I'm not logged in with my Google account there