Installing latest MB 5, won't start

I downloaded latest MB 5. But somehow I couldn't start the program. I did clean my Event Viewer and got result when clicking on the MB 5 icon on my desktop.

I attach only the logs from Event Viewer. Because I didn't make a log collection by support tool. I needed to check if a restart of Windows would help. 

After reboot I could run MB 5. But I'm 100% sure if I re-install MB 5 the same issues would come up.

application_error.txt Net_Runtime.txt

Edited by unknownguy
typo

i also did the same the beta version after installing is not opening, clicking on desktop icon of malwarebytes is not opening malwarebytes, and as with v4 their is a icon in the taskbar with v5 i cannot see any taskbar, i tried to restart my pc, uninstall and reinstall but still the same issue persists

• Staff

Upon initial investigation, this crash seems to be a Windows issue. Microsoft broke something in recent Windows 10/11 builds, which makes some dependencies throw exception on some machines.

I have seen other developers for other software products report this in the past few days, and I will keep following the threads in the hope a solution is found.

For now, if you encounter it, it seems like a pc restart might fix the issue.

• Thanks 1