Malwarebytes Insists It Is Updated

Hi,

I can't update the definitions because I get a message stating that Malwarebytes is updated. My computer is a Vista laptop and I am running version 1.41. I also use another malware program and get the same message. Windows firewall is set to allow Malwarebytes as wqell as SAS. I am currently without any malware protection. Connection is OK because another laptop can D/L definitions. Any help will be appreciated.

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

Swats123,

In addition to what Firefox posted, are you trying to update with an administrator account? If not, that could also be your issue or at least part of it.

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

Thanks for your precise instructions. I followed them to the letter. Everything went fine including the update during the install, BUT it only updated to Oct 30 and not Nov 5. Since Oct 30th, I cannot update. Strange that the install update did this. I opened MBAM and tried to update and immediately got the message that definitions are up-to-date. Anything else I could try?

Please post a quick scan log from today

As requested:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41

Database version: 3064

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

11/7/2009 9:47:15 AM

mbam-log-2009-11-07 (09-46-59).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 89109

Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 18 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 1

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel\Homepage (Hijack.Homepage) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

I am not sure if the Hijack.Homepage is actual infection or if that is because I have SuperAntiWpyware set to lock Homepage against hijacks. I hope you can help. TIA.