Not Scanning or Updating Properly for Many Days

When Malwarebytes (premium) updates and scans itself or I do a manual scan, I get one of 2 (sometimes both) messages.  1 message states that the update didn't occur properly and I need to click on the blue link for help, and the other message is a pop-up after the scan, stating restart required, and some functionality may be limited until your computer restarts.

I can't constantly be restarting my computer every time I do a manual scan.  I do regular manual scans, and no, the answer isn't to stop doing manual scans, because it is a part of my protection (obviously).

Something is not correct.

I have Win.10, use Firefox and it's on my Dell laptop.

Thank you!

@Bethyboo I suggest you upgrades to the current version of Windows, 22h2. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

image.thumb.png.4398cceb3b2a1bfedd447821761cc90c.png

I also suggest turning off fast startup in Windows. Then restart.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

After you have completed the above gather and post new logs.

I've been working on this, and I get a Windows 10, version 21H2 - Error 0xc19001e2 message.  I have been working on this with DaveM121 following his instructions, and am stymied at this current moment.  I'm waiting for his reply.  The help I got so far wants me to upgrade to 11, but that isn't what I'm looking for.  I don't think I could even if I wanted to, due to the error code.  I've even gone to the Win. Community page named "Windows 10, version 21H2 - Error 0xc19001e2" and followed the instructions there and also on their YouTube link, but what comes up for me isn't what comes up for the guy doing the tutorial--and I am checking and re-checking every move, following all the instructions, putting the video on hold, etc.  I just wanted to let you know what is going on.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know, Porthos!

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Bethyboo said:

If you have any suggestions, please let me know,

I would offer more but you said the following.

4 minutes ago, Bethyboo said:

I have been working on this with DaveM121 following his instructions

It is not recommended to get instructions from more that one place.

5 minutes ago, Bethyboo said:

I hope I didn't make a mistake.

Go ahead and make sure you have your Malwarebytes key and use the support tool to uninstall Malwarebytes and do not follow the prompts to reinstall.

Restart the computer and click the button in my first response to update Windows.

Lets use the support tool and do a clean uninstall but do not reinstall when prompted.

Please close all browsers and programs before running the tool. Right click and quit MB from the system tray also.

Once done it will attempt to reinstall both Malwarebytes and Privacy VPN.

Please say no and close the X button on the top right for Privacy.

image.png.793e2f0a3f32539414f06cd72e5543f8.png

Hi.

With your instructions, I actually got to 76% of step 3 of 3, which is 2 steps farther than I was able to go before.  Then I got a notice stating "there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts" at which point I clicked on the close and it automatically tried again.  It stopped at a different spot in step 3, this time giving me the error 0xc19001e2 message.  I tried 4 times and it came out the same way each time.  May I re-install my mwbts and the adwmwbts, or is there something else I should try?

Are you asking if I have someone who works on my computer for me?  I do not.  I use the free ccleaner and delete just about everything.  I am careful about that.  I don't know enough about computers (obviously) to go in and find stuff.

Oh!  I  just realized you said you would ask someone.

Thank you!!!

Edited by Bethyboo

• Root Admin

The Intel Data Storage driver appears to be having issues which is possibly the cause of other issues that branch out from there.

Error: (11/20/2022 08:41:08 AM) (Source: Application Error) (EventID: 1000) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe, version: 14.8.16.1063, time stamp: 0x58eb8338
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x047a10a5
Faulting process id: 0x33e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8fcfedfa72d52
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 965ebb31-76cb-44a4-b8da-8a0198e1b293
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Error: (11/20/2022 08:41:08 AM) (Source: .NET Runtime) (EventID: 1026) (User: )
Description: Application: IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at IAStorUtil.SystemDataModelListener.ProcessSystemDataModelChanges()
   at IAStorUtil.SystemDataModelListener.LoadSavedSystemState()
   at IAStorDataMgr.EventRelay.<Start>b__0(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Error: (11/20/2022 08:39:29 AM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (EventID: 1019) (User: )
Description: Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30, 0x80040d07, "iehistory://{S-1-5-21-2813573738-3828652003-1143853048-1000}/">.

Error: (11/20/2022 08:39:22 AM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (EventID: 1019) (User: )
Description: Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30, 0x80040d07, "iehistory://{S-1-5-21-2813573738-3828652003-1143853048-1000}/">.

Error: (11/20/2022 08:39:19 AM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (EventID: 1019) (User: )

Error: (11/20/2022 08:38:13 AM) (Source: VSS) (EventID: 13) (User: )
Description: Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.
]

System errors:
=============
Error: (11/20/2022 08:41:10 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7034) (User: )
Description: The Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

Error: (11/20/2022 08:41:01 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The HP Support Solutions Framework Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: (11/20/2022 08:41:00 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The Dell Client Management Service service failed to start due to the following error:

Error: (11/20/2022 08:41:00 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The Dell Hardware Support service failed to start due to the following error:

Error: (11/20/2022 08:38:56 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7023) (User: )
Description: The MozillaMaintenance service terminated with the following error:
Incorrect function.

Error: (11/20/2022 08:38:04 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10010) (User: Admin-PC)
Description: The server DellInc.DellDigitalDelivery_5.0.49.0_x64__htrsf667h5kn2!App.AppX8fcchbt2jr8vt2h452vbkk0wjqvgzjhb.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Error: (11/20/2022 08:38:04 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10010) (User: Admin-PC)
Description: The server Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App.AppXw3qcpc7p849541dp39vvqd01bn7z9ybh.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Error: (11/20/2022 08:38:03 AM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10010) (User: Admin-PC)
Description: The server Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App.AppXdca9rykvbm0qn1fw9m2dbx828p2w3h8p.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Let's do some general clean up and see if that helps correct the issues or not

Please run the following fix

Once the fix has been completed, please attach the file FIXLOG.TXT to your next reply

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed, make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

NOTE-3: As part of this fix it will also reset the network to default settings including the firewall. If you have custom firewall rules you need to save please export or save them first before running this fix.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks