My laptop has been in an endless loop of restarts after using the malwarebytes scan. I found that that I had malware that wasn't removable. After finishing the initial scan and quarantine, a restart was needed to finish the process, and that's when the endless restarting happened. 

Please help me how to fix this.

20220605_235846.jpg

20220606_001112.jpg

20220605_235846.jpg

20220606_001112.jpg

20220605_235846.jpg

20220606_001112.jpg

Hi, JSntgRvr!

I just selected advanced options and this is where I'm at currently. I don't know which button can lead me to startup settings or where do I need to go for safe mode. Can you be more specific with what I should do as I am very clumsy and very nervous about possibly doing the wrong thing.

Hoping to hear from you soon and thank you for deciding to help me. Means a lot.

1654488031771944878727233009019.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. I followed exactly what you said and arrived in this menu where I pressed f5 (first photo). Then after waiting for the restart it came back like this again (second to 4th photo). What should I do next?

Thank you again for helping me. Will reply as quick as I can next time.

20220606_150949.jpg

20220606_151003.jpg

20220606_151007.jpg

16544997586125649250043418622862.jpg

See if you are able to reach the command prompt.

Click on Advanced Options, then Troubleshoot in that Window select the  Advanced Options ->Command Prompt.  If you are able to reach the command prompt, type the following and press Enter:

Diskpart

Select Disk 0 (That is Disk zero)

List vol

Exit

BCDEDIT | Find "osdevice"

(Take note of the osdevice letter)

CHKDSK X: /r

(Replace the X with the osdevice letter)

Once completed take a photograph of that window and upload it for us to see.

Should I type each line one by one and press enter for each line? Sorry, because I'm confused on how I would take note of the osdevice letter and at the same time type CHKDSK X (with the letter being found from the previous line BCDEDIT | Find "osdevice". 

Should I  type Diskpart until BCDEDIT then pres enter or press enter per line?

6 minutes ago, Benjie said:

Should I type each line one by one and press enter for each line? Sorry, because I'm confused on how I would take note of the osdevice letter and at the same time type CHKDSK X (with the letter being found from the previous line BCDEDIT | Find "osdevice". 

Should I  type Diskpart until BCDEDIT then pres enter or press enter per line?

Press Enter after each line.

I believe that D is a secondary drive I use to hold files. But yes C is my main drive with my important files. I am currently waiting for the current process to finish. Will update you as soon as I can. But I do have an additional question - can my laptop ever shut down in this state or should I do my best to keep it on?

Here is the current look of the command prompt after using C:

16545292447658062807240756396664.jpg

I believe that D is a secondary drive I use to hold files. But yes C is my main drive with my important files. I am currently waiting for the current process to finish. Will update you as soon as I can. But I do have an additional question - can my laptop ever shut down in this state or should I do my best to keep it on?

Keep it On today. I will be around checking on your replies.

Hi JSntgRvr!

It has just finished and here are the screen pictures:

I'm also sorry to tell this but as of the moment, from where I'm from, it is very late in the evening. I would hope to get some sleep for the next 6-8 hours or so. In the meantime, I'll be keeping the laptop on in preparation of your next step. Thank you for the help today and hope to hear from you again a little bit later regarding the next step. Means a lot.

16545382420503427823995249230780.jpg

16545382780435359162060724654975.jpg

16545383116245597206983127797153.jpg

Go ahead and rest. Will check on you from time to time.

The disk seems in good condition. Lets scan the Operating System.

For the next set of instructions, you will need a Flash Drive (Pen Drive)

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version. I believe your  OS version is 64bits.

Boot to the Command Prompt as you did before.

Once in the command prompt

• In the command prompt, type notepad and press on Enter
  • Notepad will open. Click on the File menu and select Open
  • Click on Computer/This PC, find the letter for your USB Flash Drive, then close the window and Notepad
  • In the command prompt, type e:\frst.exe (for the x64 version, type e:\frst64.exe and press on Enter
  • Note: Replace the letter e with the drive letter of your USB Flash Drive
  • FRST will open
  • Click on Yes to accept the disclaimer
  • Click on the Scan button and wait for it to complete
  • A log called frst.txt will be saved on your USB Flash Drive. Attach it to your next reply

Hi JSntgRvr!

I am currently doing this but can i ask if letter e should be caps as I see it here (attached picture) or as a small letter?

8 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

Go ahead and rest. Will check on you from time to time.

The disk seems in good condition. Lets scan the Operating System.

For the next set of instructions, you will need a Flash Drive (Pen Drive)

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version. I believe your  OS version is 64bits.

Boot to the Command Prompt as you did before.

Once in the command prompt

• In the command prompt, type notepad and press on Enter
  • Notepad will open. Click on the File menu and select Open
  • Click on Computer/This PC, find the letter for your USB Flash Drive, then close the window and Notepad
  • In the command prompt, type e:\frst.exe (for the x64 version, type e:\frst64.exe and press on Enter
  • Note: Replace the letter e with the drive letter of your USB Flash Drive
  • FRST will open
  • Click on Yes to accept the disclaimer
  • Click on the Scan button and wait for it to complete
  • A log called frst.txt will be saved on your USB Flash Drive. Attach it to your next reply

20220607_105826.jpg

I am sorry to say this but I believe I have done a mistake on which Drive is my windows running on. 

When I got this laptop it was running on an HDD with 1Tb storage but after a while I got help from a technician here to help install a 500Gb SSD drive and make it my main drive. But I realised with this picture that it roles seem inverted (first picture), where the 1Tb drive seems to say Windoes instead of the 500Gb one. I confirmed this with my bothers laptop, which is the same model as mine, and had the same process done before of having an SSD be the main drive as the original HDD drive was slow. Second and third photo shows my brother's drives.

Did I do something wrong or should I still proceed with the frst instructions?

20220607_105826.jpg

20220607_111307.jpg

20220607_111342.jpg

19 minutes ago, Benjie said:

Hi JSntgRvr!

I am currently doing this but can i ask if letter e should be caps as I see it here (attached picture) or as a small letter?

20220607_105826.jpg

Regarding this one I am asking for the e in e:\frst64.exe. Should it be in capital or not?

54 minutes ago, Benjie said:

I am sorry to say this but I believe I have done a mistake on which Drive is my windows running on. 

When I got this laptop it was running on an HDD with 1Tb storage but after a while I got help from a technician here to help install a 500Gb SSD drive and make it my main drive. But I realised with this picture that it roles seem inverted (first picture), where the 1Tb drive seems to say Windoes instead of the 500Gb one. I confirmed this with my bothers laptop, which is the same model as mine, and had the same process done before of having an SSD be the main drive as the original HDD drive was slow. Second and third photo shows my brother's drives.

Did I do something wrong or should I still proceed with the frst instructions?

20220607_105826.jpg

20220607_111307.jpg

20220607_111342.jpg

Have any thoughts about this question before I continue? Thanks for replying again.