No "Start Protection" button to clikc

Hi all,

windows 2000. After getting the pro version I went to the Protection tab and was told to click

on "Start Protection" to enable the protection module. There is no "Start Protection" button. The

protection module was the reason I purchased the full version; is there anyway to tell if the

protection module is running?

Thank you,

Clarence

Yes, of course. The protection area showed the ability to schedule updates and scans.

Clarence

Interesting. I'm not aware of the protection module not working on Windows 2000.

Can you get me a screenshot of what the protection tab looks like for you?

You have the Start with Windows checked, if you restart your computer, does the protection start up?

I have started Windows. I have looked in the systems tray,that holds the small icons representing the programs that are running, for a Malware icon but found none. How do I tell if the protection has started?

What resolution is your display set at? The reason I ask is because I've seen this issue once before when the display resolution was set too low, not allowing MBAM to display completely. You should be able to find out by right clicking the desktop and selecting Properites, then selec the Settings tab. It will be listed as ####x####. We need the numbers :) .

Thanks.

I have started Windows. I have looked in the systems tray,that holds the small icons representing the programs that are running, for a Malware icon but found none. How do I tell if the protection has started?

Could I suggest that you re-enter your ID and key and see what happens then as the next step.

@ exile360 - didn't mean to pre-empt you. Must have both typed at the same time. :)

...will be listed as ####x####. We need the numbers

Problem solved. Was in 640x480 pixels. However, when Malware Program was in "Restore Down" display the button was not visible when at 800 x 600 but when set at maximize it became visible.

I would like to suggest that an important button like this should be located higher up in the screen so that people like me who don't like the reduced print size of the higher pixel settings don't lose important information.

Thank you for your quick help!