Kaspersky Security Cloud incompatible with malwarebytes

For almost 5 years I've used Kaspersky and Malwarebytes, but weeks ago, popped up a message saying that Malwarebytes is not compatible with Kaspersky, and because I refused to uninstall it, I wasn't unable to use the Kaspersky interface unless I'd reboot my laptop. I'd like to know if adding the components of Malwarebytes to the exclusion of Kaspersky would solve the problem? I'm very happy with both solutions and I don't want to lose Malwarebytes

I have the free version of Kaspersky security cloud, the version is 21.3.10.391 (d)

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options

This feature is designed for the following reasons:

• For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance
  • For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes
  • For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own

How to use the Advanced Options:

Spoiler
  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  3. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  4. Navigate to the Advanced tab
  5. The Advanced menu page contains four categories:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is run to perform a complete diagnosis. The information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip and can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist with troubleshooting the issue at hand.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a reboot.
    •  Repair System: Includes various system-related repairs in case a Windows service is not functioning correctly that Malwarebytes for Windows is dependent on. It is not recommended to use any Repair System options unless instructed by a Malwarebytes Support agent.
    • Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option will prevent Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
  6. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  7. Upon completion, click OK
  8. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  9. Please attach the file in your next reply.
  10. To uninstall all Malwarebytes Products, click the Clean button.
  11. Click the Yes button to proceed. 
  12. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
  13. After the reboot, you will have the option to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
  14. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
  15. Malwarebytes for Windows will open once the installation completes successfully.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hi , I've followed the instructions of the post about the Kaspersky Trusted Applications and Exclusions added for Malwarebytes but still have the popped up a message saying that Malwarebytes is not compatible with Kaspersky. If I refuse to unistall malwarebytes, then I'm unable to use the Kaspersky interface again, what can i do?

You can try uninstalling Malwarebytes, then enabling Kaspersky, then restarting the system, then reinstalling Malwarebytes to see if that allows it to work.  If you still see the alert from Kaspersky then your only option would be to disable the detection of incompatible applications if such a setting exists, however I don't know if the latest version of Kaspersky includes such an option or not (past versions did and it allowed users to skip the check for incompatible software, but that was during install, Kaspersky didn't previously detect incompatible apps after it was already installed on the system).

If none of that helps, your best bet would be to contact Kaspersky's support to see if they have an option or solution to allow the use of Kaspersky with Malwarebytes.

1 hour ago, Rupert24 said:

where can I find that setting? because yeah, I'm going to have to uninstall Malwarebytes

There is no current option to disable the detection of incompatible programs. Uninstall and re-install doesnt gonna solve the problem, again are gonna appear the incompatible alert. Its an implementation of D patch.

Just ignore it.

Edited by ESR91

22 hours ago, ESR91 said:

Just ignore it.

But the problem here it's, even if I ignore, with the days, I'm unable to interact with the interface of kaspersky and that becomes a problem when I want to run a customized analysis because....I can't do that 🤒, it seems 

20 hours ago, Rupert24 said:

But the problem here it's, even if I ignore, with the days, I'm unable to interact with the interface of kaspersky and that becomes a problem when I want to run a customized analysis because....I can't do that 🤒, it seems 

I have the same notification on some PCs since weeks, and i have no problem with kaspersky UI. Kaspersky just gives a notification but doesnt stop work. Contact kaspersky support.

Edited by ESR91

2 hours ago, ESR91 said:

I have the same notification on some PCs since weeks, and i have no problem with kaspersky UI. Kaspersky just gives a notification but doesnt stop work. Contact kaspersky support.

Me too. Just ignore it and hope that it will eventually be fixed by the Kaspersky people.  As long as you implement all the mutual exclusions (carefully and thoroughly) it seems to be still working just fine (apart from the nagging notice from KSC).  It is a real "ball ache" though to have to go through this at every major AND minor release of MBAM and KSC.  Shame really ......    having both running together has kept me out of trouble fo a number of years.   The two opposing teams of developers (I guess) will never work things out and play nicely together without the poor end user (who wants to avail himself of both) going through unecessary hoops every 6 months.   

Edited by smipx013

1 hour ago, smipx013 said:

As long as you implement all the mutual exclusions (carefully and thoroughly)

I'm pretty sure that I've implemented those exclusions according to the answer from some of the staff, but I'm starting to think that maybe I've missed one of those exclusions 🤔

I can only comment on KSC "Free" because that is what I use.  It works for me but... I don't have the VPN, Password manager and no KSC plugins in the browsers installed at all (as they are pointles with "free" KSC). Obviously with the free KSC I also have no KSC firewall (only the built-in Windows F/W).  What I also did (in KSC Free) was click on show next to the recommendation >>> took the blue splodge out of the box next to Malwarebytes >>> Clicked "Skip" >>> Clicked "Keep" >>> Got a warning about incompatible software found which I killed with Red cross at top of window.  Not sure if that makes it crawl back into its box for a while :-)

Edited by smipx013

TBH,  A few others on the KSC forums are struggling to get it to play nicely too.  I wish I knew why mine was behaving compared to yours and thirs so I can add it to my "what to do when KSC--MBAM breaks" notes :-)  I even manage to have it with hte Ransomware module loaded (in MBAM) which some seasoned folk over at the KSC forums swear cannot possibly work.  I'm not normally "lucky" with these things so its a bit of a mystery.

What I don't know of course is whether, when the worst does happen, the two will go into meltdown around each other and completely bork my system.  I do backup weekly though so if it does then so be it.  It makes me feel better having both running and that's good enough for me.  If it does break completely in teh future - like you (and most others I suspect) I will uninstall MBAM (sorry Exile360 and MBAM staff/Developers - no disrespect intended) and use KSC alone.

Edited by smipx013

8 hours ago, smipx013 said:

Password manager??

I don't have the browser plugins and VPN but password manager?? Uhhhhhhhhh nooooo no no no, it's my lifesaver 😅

8 hours ago, smipx013 said:

I will uninstall MBAM

My main concern is just the possibility of being infected and not being able to detect the virus. In the past, when I suspected that I was infected, I ran Malwarebytes and when finished the analysis, oh surprise, KSC detected the virus 😱, such a great tag team!!!

I know it's stupid but that's what happened, at least on my laptop