Malwarebytes is using a lot of memory on my HP laptop

I lost count how many laptop i build in an SSD for a customer...😀 Windows was so slow with the old HDD, you could make coffee and drink it before you are logged in...

Well you now woman, it's a pink Vaio Laptop, and she does not want a new laptop even for her birthday. But 16GB in this old beast, that does not feel good. She also use Malwarebytes for protection.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Oh, :welcome:

Well I say this bc it's not like crashing or anything. The fan runs loud for a little bit but then will quiet down. I've just had such terrible luck with laptops in the past between one getting stolen, one having the motherboard die on me.. went through 3 computers in the course of a year and I happened to check the task manager and saw the RAM was being highly used and got worried. But now that I know of a fix, I feel a lot better. <3 Just want this computer to last, ya know?

1 minute ago, ghostiehime said:

I've just had such terrible luck with laptops in the past

Personally, I do not recommend them unless you absolutely need the portability.

But I always recommend business class machines not the consumer grade  big box store stuff.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Personally, I do not recommend them unless you absolutely need the portability.

But I always recommend business class machines not the consumer grade  big box store stuff.

Ideally a tower pc would be the way I'd go but I cannot afford to build a tower pc/do not have the room for it in my apartment. Laptops get the job done and tbh that's all I really need.

• Like 1

I also have a laptop i use when i go around to customers, and yes as Phortos say then you better of with a business laptop. I use an HP Elitebook for my work.

@ghostiehime There are shops where you can buy an used Business laptop in good condition, for a very very small price! With an i5 and 8 or 16GB memory.

• Like 1