flashtc.ocx

petutti

Can you explain your problem, please more exact ?

...only in the Blue guessed ? :

Haste you a error message to get like "Could not find flash.ocx" ???

MAM

yes it is a page comes up and needs to close flashtc.ocx ie.8.0.6001.18702 I looked it up its an tc.ocx problem

Hi petutti,

Please describe in detail what is going on and if possible, the file involved. Also, please stick to one post. You already have another post in this forum, and now I see another in the PC Help forum.

The reason I ask about the file is that you've mentioned flashtc.ocx in at least one of the other posts. The tc part is not a normal flash installation file. When I google it, I seem to mostly find references in Asian languages and when I translate the pages, I get the impression (not sure though) that this may be a Chinese language crack?

Are you sure you're not plain infected with malware?

You should be able to disable any add-ons in Internet Explorer including flash. Let us know if you need help with that. Do you need information on where to download the standard flash uninstaller and where to get the standard flash player from Adobe?

It is definitly adobe. I install from adobe.com for sites such as games. After the game is over I get the flashtc.ocx internet explorer needs to close. Right now i got message on this site Adobe flash player from adobe sytems inc wants to run this add on. TThis happens when I uninstall adobe.

• Root Admin

Well Adobe is using a new Download Manger which might be what you're seeing it ask if it can run.

Try the following. Download the manual removal tool.

Then CLOSE ALL BROWSERS and run it.

Note:All applications must be closed before you run the Flash Player uninstaller. Quit all running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, and all Instant Messenger clients. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications which might possibly use Flash Player are still in memory.

Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller: Windows: uninstall_flash_player.exe (205 KB) (updated 7/30/09)

If the ActiveX Control for Flash Player fails to install, download the executable installer.

Download and unzip Install_Flash_Player_10_ActiveX.zip (Internet Explorer for Windows only)

Download and unzip Install_Flash_Player_10_Plugin (All other Windows browsers)

How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

Safe versions security restrictions when installing Flash Player (Internet Explorer on Windows)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402435.html

There is an Adobe Forum like this one - I have used it for similar problems - You often need to Fully uninstall the previous version if it is causing problems and then install the latest version - There should no problem if you use the tool that swagger has given to you and then reinstall the latest version -

• Root Admin

Hello petutti,

Please stop posting all over the board about this topic. I've moved all these posts into this one here. Please review the removal and update information that I've posted to you already. If that does not correct it then please follow this advice.

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

• Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

• NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.