Website blocked due to Trojan

FriendOfJah
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to run the Universal Joystick Remapper (UJR.exe) to map one of my joystick controllers with another program called VJoy. When I run this application (which I had difficulty downloading because MB called it a suspicious site), I get the Website blocked due to Trojan error. The Domain is evilc.com the IP Address is 192.185.128.202 the Type is Outbound and the File is ujr.exe. Several legitimate people have created YouTube videos on how to use UJR with VJoy (https://youtu.be/kx8ZGP_BWcU). What should I do now? Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions provided.

Roger

Greetings,

If you trust the application you may exclude it from Web Protection to prevent it being blocked, or temporarily disable Web Protection while configuring the application (assuming the app doesn't need to constantly phone home to function).  To do so, refer to the details under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.  If you would rather disable Web Protection temporarily, simply right-click the Malwarebytes tray icon and click where it says Web Protection: On, then click Yes to the User Account Control prompt; just remember to re-enable it once you are done by repeating the process afterwards.

Additionally, if you believe this block to be a false positive, please refer to the information in this topic as well as this topic, then create a new thread in the Website Blocking FP area by clicking here.

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

Edited by exile360

3 hours ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

If you trust the application you may exclude it from Web Protection to prevent it being blocked, or temporarily disable Web Protection while configuring the application (assuming the app doesn't need to constantly phone home to function).  To do so, refer to the details under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.  If you would rather disable Web Protection temporarily, simply right-click the Malwarebytes tray icon and click where it says Web Protection: On, then click Yes to the User Account Control prompt; just remember to re-enable it once you are done by repeating the process afterwards.

Additionally, if you believe this block to be a false positive, please refer to the information in this topic as well as this topic, then create a new thread in the Website Blocking FP area by clicking here.

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

Hi Exile - Thanks so much for the reply and information. It’s quite helpful. I’m going to follow the instructions in the support article you referenced. I’ll look to create a new thread in the other forum you mentioned as well. If I continue to have problems, I’ll reply here. Thanks again. 

Roger

13 hours ago, Dashke said:

The block has been added because of this file -

evilc.com/files/tmp/summoner.zip

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/87dd8c0326360c563aa37186dc98aff774b0a1dc21a5c5ece115de897fb59a42/detection

Hi Dashke - Thanks for the reply and update on what file had been blocked by MB. This is a different file than the UJR.exe (Universal Joystick Remapper) that I had downloaded here:

https://github.com/evilC/AHK-Universal-Joystick-Remapper/releases

I've experienced no problems using this utility. Thanks again.

Hi, domain owner here, I have been notified about this and have now removed the file - really not sure what it was or why it was on there, although I used to use that folder as a way of moving files around, so it may have been me, I dunno.

Can anyone advise as to if removal from the blacklist will happen automatically, or if there is any action I need to take?

Cheers

• Staff
3 hours ago, evilC said:

Hi, domain owner here, I have been notified about this and have now removed the file - really not sure what it was or why it was on there, although I used to use that folder as a way of moving files around, so it may have been me, I dunno.

Can anyone advise as to if removal from the blacklist will happen automatically, or if there is any action I need to take?

Cheers

Thanks a lot for your help, the block will be removed immediately.