How stable is the VPN?

jayman1000

I use Private Internet Access currently, which has a great price, seemingly supports unlimited devices (maybe there is an upper limit, but my 16 devices can run concurrently one on sub), and stability is pretty decent. However at times I do get disconnected and have to change country server, sometimes have to do this a couple of times because then the second one I try is also having a problem.

Now im wondering how good is Malwarebytes in terms of stability on american servers? Im not so interested in download speeds, only 20% of my actual internet line will be perfectly fine, but what I am interested in is how stable are american east coast servers? for example New York, Washington etc.

If anyone has any experience I would love to hear your thoughts!

• Root Admin

I have not connected multiple devices on the same connection but in theory it shouldn't matter. For my own single connection I've stayed connected a few times for 2 and 3 days at a time without an issue. But those are not common for me as I do reboot my system or turn it off each night unless I'm doing other specific tasks or testing.

No guarantee but I'd think one could stay connected for days or weeks if wanted.

Every once in a while though there are times when something causes network connectivity issues but I'm not sure it's due to the VPN server as much as it could be any hop between us that is having the issue.

Hello @jayman1000:

I am currently trying/using 3 different VPN providers of which PIA is one of them.  All VPN providers are subject to connection failures in their own houses as well as their service providers.  For the short time Malwarebytes has offered the MBPrivacy product, reliability has certainly been on a par with my others and please don't forget that your own service provider too is always part of the equation.

The question may become, is a post failure connection renegotiated seamlessly.

HTH

• 2 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 12:10 AM, 1PW said:

Hello @jayman1000:

I am currently trying/using 3 different VPN providers of which PIA is one of them.  All VPN providers are subject to connection failures in their own houses as well as their service providers.  For the short time Malwarebytes has offered the MBPrivacy product, reliability has certainly been on a par with my others and please don't forget that your own service provider too is always part of the equation.

The question may become, is a post failure connection renegotiated seamlessly.

HTH

Thanks for your feedback; I will probably stay with PIA since they dont seem to have a limit on devices and the price is the best on the market plus they seem to be at least as good the best of all the rest. I would only be interested in changing if there were some that could prevent disconnects now and then (currently only happens on average once a week so I guess it probably unrealistic to expect anything better than this).