mwac.sys BSoD on system

Long time mbam user, first time poster. I have been getting bsod errors as well from mwac.sys. The only solution I find is to clean remove mbam with mbst. I have been getting a different bsod code from everyone else though (0x133). The latest beta does not help. I have attached my logs. I filed a support ticked earlier but have not heard back. Thanks

mbst-grab-results.zip

17 minutes ago, techpro2004 said:

I filed a support ticked earlier but have not heard back.

With all of the work at home users, Support is overloaded. Did you at least get a ticket number?

Are you willing to provide some dump files from your computer?

16 minutes ago, techpro2004 said:

dump files attached

Thanks for the logs. I will notify @LiquidTension to look at them.

Until the cause and fix is found, You have 2 options.

Turn web protection off

Revert to a older stable version with out the web protection issue.

You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled.
You can download this from here: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/z6cravnwptrzx5tyjw36jq6zt6c7apsx

Once installed, you will need to disable the two update options found in Settings -> General -> Application updates to prevent the product from updating back to the affected version.

I suggest using the following clean install guide.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install. Say no and use the download from my above link and install the old version and disable the update before you do anything else.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:16 PM, techpro2004 said:

I know he is busy but how long should it be before I hear back. Thanks

I cant say on either @LiquidTension or on your support ticket.

You might not on this thread get more than a quick response unless more info is needed or the issue is fixed.

Be aware this issue for those affected has been an ongoing struggle for several months.

Malwarebytes is working as fast as possible to replicate the issue and find a fix.

Until a fix is found remember the workarounds posted above.

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, techpro2004 said:

Just wondering if there is any update on this. Thanks.

Please re read my last post. it is not going to be fixed over night. The logs are being gathered from as many affected as possible to develop a fix. They have not even been able to replicate the issue in house yet.

Please use the workarounds offered unless otherwise instructed.

memory.dump attached see below.

https://filebin.net/vb3fo56tr59daxrd/MEMORY.zip?t=y39huk4o

The bsod occurs on a regular basis like clockwork on a regular schedule. Every few hours, bsod.

I can not uninstall my other security software as that would leave me unprotected in mbam's absence

removing mbam fixes the bsod so I doubt my other software has something to do with it.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:59 AM, techpro2004 said:

I can not uninstall my other security software as that would leave me unprotected in mbam's absence

2 things.

Windows Defender will enable itself and Malwarebytes would be on as well.

5 hours ago, techpro2004 said:

Hello. Is there any word on this? Thanks.

Like I said in a previous post, This issue or ones similar have been going on for months on some systems.

If you are not willing to do everything asked of you to rule out conflicts, I also gave you what you need to workaround the issue.

In your case I suggest reverting to an earlier version and turn off program updates first thing. You will still have protection as the database updates will still be installed.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:09 PM, Porthos said:

Revert to a older stable version with out the web protection issue.

You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled.
You can download this from here: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/z6cravnwptrzx5tyjw36jq6zt6c7apsx

Once installed, you will need to disable the two update options found in Settings -> General -> Application updates to prevent the product from updating back to the affected version.

I suggest using the following clean install guide.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install. Say no and use the download from my above link and install the old version and disable the update before you do anything else.

• Root Admin

Unfortunately log review often takes days to get to. Then results are logged along with others to see if there is a common issue to build up and verify the cause. In most cases if you need an immediate response it is simply to follow the current advice for workarounds as a beta or released fix can takes weeks or months before it comes out.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 2 weeks later...