A question after reading a chilling article

I don't think Malwarebytes will be whitelisting MacKeeper any time soon.  I don't believe notarization will have any impact on what Malwarebytes chooses to detect or not, just as similar 'Microsoft Gold Partner' certifications and the like have never influenced Malwarebytes for Windows in dealing with PUPs/malware (plenty of 'Microsoft Certified Partner' applications have been and continue to be flagged as PUP or malware).  Malwarebytes accounts for multiple factors when determining if an app is PUP, including community opinions/reputation of the product, and I don't think getting notarized has changed anyone's opinion on MacKeeper.

• Like 1

If you read the comment section of that article, you already know what I have to say about it. The MacKeeper PR department has always had issues with telling the truth and Apple has always given them a pass, so nothing really changes with either party, except their company name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alvarnell said:

If you read the comment section of that article, you already know what I have to say about it.

Same here, totally agree.

Thanks for the answers, guys. I also think, like you, that MacKeeper will never find a place on my Mac.

I hope @treed can confirm what @exile360 has said and that Malwarebytes will always detect MacKeeper as malicious so that Mac users do not take any risks.

Edited by MAXBAR1
Correct error
  • Like 1

As always, I can't speak for @treed, but I do know it is under active evaluation at this time and don't believe that it's been fully decided yet. Some of us are waiting for additional information from testing on what, if anything, has changed with the app itself to justify any re-classification.