MB Anti-Exploit detects Kutools

Danz17

Greetings,

As this is an extremely old topic for an issue that was addressed long ago, whatever is causing this issue in your case is likely different from the issue reported by these users back in 2016.

That said, I have asked that the forum administrators split your post to a new topic in the Exploit Protection false positive area so that your issue gets attention from the Malwarebytes staff.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Greetings,

Please open Malwarebytes and navigate to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then select the Security tab.  Scroll down to the Exploit Protection section and ensure that the option to block penetration testing attacks is disabled, then click the Advanced settings button and click on the Restore Defaults button on the lower left.  Once that's done, wait approximately 30 seconds for the protection to refresh itself or restart the system and test to see if the detection still occurs or not.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hi,

This issue has resurfaced (although first time) for me after upgrading KUTools from version 16 to 17. After the upgrade Outlook fails to start and the detection log shows:

image.thumb.png.ac6397c3cd2e3f404c2baeadbcd62ba7.png

The timestamp of "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\LOGS\mbae-default.log" remains unchanged (a week old).

Can you please help?

Cheers,
Oddvar

• 2 weeks later...