Why so expensive per device? PREMIUM

Save time - jump down to "QUESTION:" below

PREAMBLE:
I am one of the of the few fortunate with a lifetime license, but that won't stop me from buying more MB. 
I wish to protect 4 devices - I'm willing to buy more MalwareBytes (MB) for:

1 x Win 7
2 x Win 10
1 x Win 7 is covered with life version.

I just dumped Kaspersky after 3 months of 'issues' and reinstalled (MB). They had told me to uninstall MB.

I see now that MB has been much improved over time. Some posts here say I don't need anti-virus, others say to run it manually when needed beside a good anti-virus program, some it's OK with Windows Defender, and others say no. So there seems no definitive answer. The sales pages states "Replaces antivirus"

I am more than willing, as I have done since 1988, pay for good anti-virus. I can't find any. :)

The price on the MB sale pages is "CAD $77.99 / yr." (Not permitted here to copy & paste it - not responsible for typos) for three devices. Pretty steep for something that isn't sue re if it will be OK with Defender, or others of their kind. The AV-Test site for MB last score rates it at 4, 5, and 4.5 (each out of 6)  for Premium versions 3.5 - 3.6.

QUESTION:
Why is the cost so high and for only one device at a time? I need to justify for myself, and bank, and the sanity behind such a large purchase. BTW, I know the difference between the free, Home and Premium versions.

As well, and hopefully, to update previous answers:

1. Do I need a anti-virus running alongside MB?
  2. Should MB just be a tool-in-waiting and run it manually after disabling a anti-virus, when needed?
  3. There are very few that rank a 6, 6, 6, at AV-Tests. But is MB working on joining them in the ranks? 13.4 out 18!

~o~

34 minutes ago, Outernaut said:

QUESTION:
Why is the cost so high and for only one device at a time? I need to justify for myself, and bank, and the sanity behind such a large purchase. BTW, I know the difference between the free, Home and Premium versions.

As well, and hopefully, to update previous answers:

1. Do I need a anti-virus running alongside MB?
  2. Should MB just be a tool-in-waiting and run it manually after disabling a anti-virus, when needed?
  3. There are very few that rank a 6, 6, 6, at AV-Tests. But is MB working on joining them in the ranks? 13.4 out 18!

If you buy a 1 device license one at a time yes its more expensive, but if you pay for a 4 device license for one year its only $63.70 US Dollars, that's not a bad price to keep 4 devices protected IMO. As shown in the image below.

1. Most folks like to run AV alongside Malwarebytes, If you have Windows 10, then the build in Windows Defender alongside MB is sufficient IMO
2. Not having the Premium and only using the Free version for on demand scans is doable, but you will not have the 4 protection modules that keep you safe while using your computer and surfing the internet.  The paid version is way better to keep you protected.
3. AV test in my opinion are not very reliable.

4 devices.jpg

Edited by Firefox
Added image.