Do I need an Ad blocker

• Root Admin

Help Secure your browsers

You may be interested in using our new Malwarebytes Browser Guard to help protect your browser from items that uBlock or others don't target.

Here is just one reason you may want to consider using Malwarebytes Browser Guard if you're not already.

image.png  <<----------- extension blocks

Visiting the main page of MSN .com even using Malwarebytes Browser Guard and uBlock Origin Ad-blockers still fails to 100% stop all Ads but you can see that both blockers are working overtime. Each have blocked in excess of 1,500 Ads and Trackers bent on gathering information about your browsing habits.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard/

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/252-malwarebytes-browser-guard/

Download for Chrome

Download for Firefox

If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though)

Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes as your preferred security protection software and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help.

Ron

• Root Admin

I think Malwarebytes Browser Guard is a great little program @Max-H and it addresses items that uBlock Origin does not, but their application has much more granular control than we currently do. I don't see any reason why you cannot continue to use both if wanted, I use both of them together on my own system.

Help Secure your browsers

You may be interested in using our new Malwarebytes Browser Guard to help protect your browser from items that uBlock or others don't target.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard works well with uBlock Origin as well to better protect your system.

FireFox, ChromeOpera , SafariMicrosoft Edge
AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer

How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018
This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings

Also i can recommend using DuckDuckGo together with uBlockOrigin and Malwarebytes.

It is doing a great job and has his own search instead of google that follows you.

It is blocking all kinds of spyware, checks if the site has an encrypted connection and protects your privacy.

Here is an screenshot of it in action;

Annotation 2019-12-01 152302.jpg