Preinstalled Software Report Not Correct !

Mike88

OK, I'm new to this forum, registering was a major hassle in itself, the worst process I have ever experienced.

But my reason for writing is that after installing Adwcleaner 7.4 it repoerts false information regarding "Preinstalled Software". It says I have ASUSSupport preinstalled which is not so ! I have eight Fujitsu computers, all the same model that get the same results ! I did not use a ASUS /ASUSS disk of any sort to install Windows 7 through the years. When I do a computer search for ASUS or  ASUSS there are no results.

This is obviously a false positive. It would be an improvement if Adwcleaner were to mention where the software is supposedly installed. I will wait and see if anyone can help me, if not I'll go back to using version 7.3. Thanks

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

2 minutes ago, Mike88 said:

OK, I'm new to this forum, registering was a major hassle in itself, the worst process I have ever experienced.

:welcome:

Sorry about the sign up experience. It has done wonders for forum spam problems. But yes it is a pain. If it was not for spammers those drastic measures would not be needed.

Thank you.  Yes, it's difficult to tell what is being detected since ADWCleaner doesn't show the details for preinstalled software detections.  Please do the following so that hopefully the ADWCleaner Research team can determine what might be triggering the false positive:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Err ... Someone contacted me in the past couple of hours via messages and with a bit of conversation she asked me to check my registry to see if I have any entries for CNXT_AUDIO_HDA and I have several. I mentioned this to her and awaiting response.

Prior to this I did download the Malwarebytes support tool that insisted on Net Framework 4.0 be installed. I did this and then the installer made me instal every Net Framework update before it would work !

I do have the zip file that was produced. I did ask the other person if she wanted me to upload it but waiting for her reply and to see if CNXT_AUDIO_HDA is the answer to the false positive.

No problem, I assume a member of the staff is working with you via personal messenger so just continue with her and she'll get the info they require to correct the false positive, and if they require the logs from the Support Tool you'll have them just in case.  Thanks for reporting this issue and helping to get it resolved.