Error code 721 (0,5)

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Error 721 An unknown error occurred during filesystem enumeration .. Please do the following:

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Post back with your results please, so we know your status.... regards...

EDIT: Also if you can tell us what Anti-Virus program you are using? thank you!

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Error 721 An unknown error occurred during filesystem enumeration .. Please do the following:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Hello,

I've done that already (I had read some things on the forum)

but ... it doesn't work : I get the same problem .....

Thank you! Lets move you up to the next level, please follow these instructions:

follow these instructions & post it in the HiJackLog Forum please

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

• Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Its ok! read this link: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

Then post a New Topic in this forum: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

In the new topic, put in:

When I do a scan, it works for a while,

but suddenly it stops and I get the "error code 721 (0,5)

Then I have to end the scan...

How can I resolve this ?

and the link here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25004

Download this to your desktop Trend Micro HijackThis

All the instructions are above and here:http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

Trend Micro Hijack This will scan your system and make a long log, and the experts in the HJK forum will look for whats wrong and take you step by step on how to fix it.... it gives out no personal info, any questions?

• 4 months later...

EDIT: Also if you can tell us what Anti-Virus program you are using? thank you!

Hi

Found this post using Google. I have same error code: 721 (0,5) & have tried quoted fix. No dice.

I am using Comodo Internet Security & PC Tools ThreatFire.

Please advise.

Greetings fleamour and welcome to Malwarebytes ;)

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products.

Please let me know how it goes.

Please do the following to see if it resolves it:

Please run a Disk Check on your C: drive:

Windows XP

• Click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run box type cmd and press Enter
  • Copy and paste the following text in the code box into the black command prompt window and press Enter Note: you must right click with your mouse to paste the text into the window as CTRL+V will not work:
    echo y| chkdsk %systemdrive% /r

• Restart your computer and when it loads it will check the hard drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do so

Windows Vista

• Click the Start vista-7-start.png button and type cmd
  • You should see cmd under Programs
  • Right-click on cmd and select Run as administrator
  • Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • Copy and paste the following text in the code box into the black command prompt window and press Enter Note: you must right click with your mouse to paste the text into the window as CTRL+V will not work:
    echo y| chkdsk %systemdrive /r

• Restart your computer and when it loads it will check the hard drive, don't press any keys so that is allowed to do so

Once that's done, try scanning with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again and let me know how it works out.

Thanks ;)