making a multi-boot windows into USB drive

my plan is to do a cleanses out all of my USB flash sticks and to emptied them by moving all file to a safe place and then to formatting all of them  .and I almost thinking to make an multi-boot windows into one of USB drive but how to make a multi-boot windows into USB drive ? is there any free tool or utility for it ? and I would like to know exactly how many GB needed to makes one windows 7 -32-bit and one windows 7-64-bit and one windows xp-32-bit and one windows 10-64-bit ! and also I want to make a back-up for the system into a 4 GB flash drive which is for recovery if it needed !

I’ve check for a website which is for an official tool but it look like its down :(

any tutorial or recommendation are highly welcomed ! :) 

Edited by Gt-truth

26 minutes ago, exile360 said:

seems useful tutorials to be read it . I have an question . can I use an old USB flash drive which is incompatibility with windows 10 ? (I find this information about this USB by google it) it still work on windows 10 but not sure if it will boot the ISO from it or or not 

Edited by Gt-truth

On 5/31/2019 at 6:47 AM, exile360 said:

Yes, any USB drive can be made bootable.

very good to hear that :) and I need an answer for my question which is below

• I would like to know exactly how many GB space needed to makes for one windows 7 -32-bit and one windows 7-64-bit and one windows xp-32-bit and one windows 10-64-bit into a single USB drive ?

thus for to get a new USB for the Bootable windows :)

Edited by Gt-truth

No idea, but probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 16GB~32GB would be my guess, depending on how large Windows 10 is (I've never created an ISO of 10 so I'm not certain).  XP fits on a CD and is only around 300MB~400MB as I recall and 7 is around 3GB~4GB with Service Pack 1 (the RTM/pre-SP1 version is a bit smaller).

You can easily find out around how large it will be by downloading the ISO's for each OS and checking their size on disk then adding your required 4GB of backup space to that and then an extra 1GB or so for a buffer for the boot files/menus etc. (though honestly the boot files are really small so they shouldn't take up anywhere near that much space; I just like to overestimate to be on the safe side because it's better to have extra space than not enough).

OK , I’ve tried with a 16GB USB flash first and in meanwhile two problems are occurred  while I’m working to get both tool and while I’m working to first testing of one of them . although the other tool can not be download it because the "download failed" . and while testing the YUMI ’ an warning is to popup by MBACAP which is to blocking of this tool so I can not use it :) looking for other tool  :)

@exile360 I have all ISO’s files ready on all of my removal medias but what I need for is a good tool and a working one . most of them are unknown publishers

BTW : refus is great tool but it has no functionally to make a multi-bootable USB . as I can to tell .

Edited by Gt-truth
some typo and better words

15 minutes ago, exile360 said:

No idea, it downloads fine for me here.  Perhaps try a different browser?

lunch IE web browser and now I was able to get it but the download is blocked by Windows defender

Windows protected your PC

Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App: WinSetupFromUSB-1-9(1).exe
Publisher: Unknown Publisher

CpWz_835.png

4 hours ago, exile360 said:

Yep, you can click 'Run anyway', that's just Windows Defender being cautious since it doesn't recognize the file.  It isn't malicious, and if you want to be safe you can upload it to VirusTotal to have it scanned.

look like a clean file https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/9d3fc9e17ac401b5b2d762abace683e8e951c82061668887631c2ff4c97059a7/detection

however I got an Extracting error message  not sure what the cause . it could be windows security ? there is no any pop-up messages by windows security either .

Edited by Gt-truth

On 6/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, exile360 said:

No idea, but it's certainly possible.  I don't know enough about Windows 10 to say one way or the other as I'm still using 7 here.

it turns out to me that because of corrupt download of WinSetupFromUSB-1-9 .exe and WinSetupFromUSB-1-9 (1).exe even though by using IE web-browser and FIREFOX and download being corrupt with both web-browsers "and I got download failed in FIREFOX" so by removing both from the download folder which have the issue resolved by download it a fresh using Microsoft Edge/internet explore .

for WinSetupFromUSB tool , this tool says can make an XP to USB but it unable to create one and it does not work properly either . so I had to looking up by Googling and I find a much better free utility called Winusb and this tool can to makes a multi-windows into USB without formatting but however the windows XP is not supported by this free tool as I think . so I had to looking for other free utility to create a bootable USB drive even for windows XP as well and it works great since it has a lot of awesome features and almost for all windows versions are supported by this free-portable utility which called anyburn . I’ve to posting both link for both free just in case someone looking for it :) and this now is resolved !

the only thing still have not been make it is the recovery disk . I also I’ve check with my device manufacture for if they have any backup/restoring software  and they already have one for this purpose but the download is blocked by Malwarebytes extension for Firefox :( so I can not to download it to make this on my USB .... this is not yet resolved

with a good file (download a fresh one)

3 engines detected this file https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b81a239345e11c708c029cc96a41486339881b8c43c39f3b816d92cc290a60ff/detection

the first scan result URL is for the corrupt copy of WinSetupFromUSB-1-9 so you can ignore it :)

Edited by Gt-truth

It's been a long time since I've done this, but back when I built multi-boot tools I used a utility called UltraISO that allowed extracting and editing ISO files.  It makes things such as adding drivers and additional tools to your boot image much easier.  You just need something to make the multi-boot menu for when the boot disc starts up to allow you to select which OS to boot into, but finding one that works with older BIOS loading operating systems like XP as well as modern UEFI based operating systems like Windows 10 might be tough.  That WinSetupFromUSB tool was supposed to be the solution, but if it isn't working I don't know what else to use as it's been so long since I did anything like this, and back when I did it, UEFI wasn't really a thing yet so I only had to deal with standard BIOS based bootable ISOs.  You might also find this information useful.  It documents compatibility and requirements and there are some good discussions about some of the issues people have run into.

As for your system recover disc, if you aren't able to find/create one using any built in utility from the manufacturer, you could use an imaging tool like Macrium Reflect Free.  You'd just need to get the system/OS into a state where you'd be comfortable restoring/reimaging your system to (i.e. no unwanted junk, up to date drivers and patches etc.) then create the image, though such an image would take up a lot of space so you might want to store it on a separate drive such as an external hard drive or external SSD rather than a USB flash drive, though you could keep the Linux based Macrium recovery utility that handles loading the image and restoring it on the USB itself as an option.  There's a list of tools in this topic under the Snapshot and Imaging Backup section.

thanks for input exile . :) I have one consideration before to install any of back up software . for EX : if I have to install of Macrium free with Malwarebytes premium version 3 is running   then this will not caused to the device a blue screening as some member’s have reports this to Malwarebytes ? if there still an issues with both software then I need to make sure there will been no any problem and they all fixed as well ! . since I’ve NEVER been use any of them before :) and this device have 0 blue screen !

Edited by Gt-truth

I haven't experienced any blue screens with Macrium and Malwarebytes and I've used both on several occasions including one time just a couple of months ago to create a backup image of my system.  Obviously that doesn't guarantee that it won't happen in your case but I guess there's no way to know for certain unless you try.  If need be you can temporarily disable Malwarebytes while you create your backup.  That won't hurt anything and should avoid any potential BSODs.

9 hours ago, exile360 said:

I haven't experienced any blue screens with Macrium and Malwarebytes and I've used both on several occasions including one time just a couple of months ago to create a backup image of my system.  Obviously that doesn't guarantee that it won't happen in your case but I guess there's no way to know for certain unless you try.  If need be you can temporarily disable Malwarebytes while you create your backup.  That won't hurt anything and should avoid any potential BSODs.

sounds a great measure to go with to avoid any of blue screens" :)

I will do this when I gets some new USB flash drives , Maybe tomorrow or so on and I want to ask if should I make the backup thing on a flash stick or on an external hard drive ? currently the largest USB in size I have is only 16 GB !

yes . I have a few of external hard drives already but I need to work to checking them and free up some space in order to have one of them to be emptied for the backup thing in case an external hard drive media is needed for a backed-up purpose :)

any recommendation for the flash drive size and  external hard drive size before buying ? this will be good , and if so any , I need to have a good and fast USB drive product and external hard drive product because I want to changing from a good and old storage media to anew one ,fast and more spaces and etc , of course .

does Malwarebytes company is offering such products in the market ? that because I’ve noticed that my device’s manufacture has owned USB flash drives products which are for selling  ! :P

Macrium will tell you when you run it how much space is required to create a backup of your drive, but I would imagine it would definitely be larger than 16GB since it backs up the entire system drive, including Windows itself, all files on disk and all installed programs and data so I would definitely recommend using an external drive rather than a flash drive unless you get a much larger flash drive than 16GB.

As for the size of your drives, that again all depends on how much data you have.  If you're looking for fast then I'd recommend going with USB 3.x drives for either flash drives or external drives assuming your PC has any USB 3.x ports and for your external drives I'd go with an external SSD as that will be much faster than an external HDD.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:07 AM, exile360 said:

Macrium will tell you when you run it how much space is required to create a backup of your drive, but I would imagine it would definitely be larger than 16GB since it backs up the entire system drive, including Windows itself, all files on disk and all installed programs and data so I would definitely recommend using an external drive rather than a flash drive unless you get a much larger flash drive than 16GB.

As for the size of your drives, that again all depends on how much data you have.  If you're looking for fast then I'd recommend going with USB 3.x drives for either flash drives or external drives assuming your PC has any USB 3.x ports and for your external drives I'd go with an external SSD as that will be much faster than an external HDD.

OK , that is good to know and I’ll have to make sure to have the right one since the partition (C:) has almost 145 GB and however not really sure if USB can to have a 150 GB capacity or something like this .

and I’ve just Plug in the external hard drive to the laptop but it throw up an errors when trying to access to a few partitions of this external hard drive and I need to have this to be fixed because there are so many of my important file such text and text rich file and software program.exe’s files and a cmd files by the Malwarebytes support and others , etc

the external hard drive was working OK before a few days but not sure why it thrown all these errors messages !

when I want to access to partition (G:) then I got this error below :

Location is not available 

G:\ is not accessible.

the volume does not contain a recognized file system .
Please make sure that all required file system drives are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.

now the drive G has 0bytes :(

and it asking to perform an disk format :(

Local Disk (G:) Properties

General

Type: Local Disk
File System:

Used space: 0 bytes 0 bytes
free space: 0 bytes 0 bytes

Capacity:  0 bytes 0 bytes

Drive G:
Tools

The disk check could not be performed because the disk is not formatted.
Would you like to format the disk ?
Microsoft Windows 

You need to format the disk G: before you can use it.

Do you want  to format it?

CpWz_1153.png

CpWz_1154.png

CpWz_1155.png

CpWz_1156.png

Edited by Gt-truth

That's not good.  The drive could be failing, but just to make sure I'd suggest temporarily disabling any disk intensive applications (assuming you know that the drive is clean/not infected with any malware) such as your AV etc. to see if that corrects the problem.  If it doesn't then you might be out of luck, but you could try removing the drive then restarting your system and trying to plug the drive in again to see if Windows sees the files this time.  If it still doesn't work then I'd suggest trying it on a different computer if you have one just to determine if it is really a problem with the drive itself or with something in your Windows 10 installation causing the problem.

As for external drives and flash drives, yes, they do make flash drives in 256GB, 512GB and even 1TB sizes.  If you need more space than that then you can get an external SSD up to 2TB in size.

yes the hard drive is clean and it was taken from my other laptop which is goes offline for a long time due to a problem..

I’ve done to rebooting the system and unplug the hard drive and re-plug it and still no go and there is currently one computer .

in meanwhile I’ve check with a partition software and something is goes wrong by something else , here an screenshot .

so if to I create a new partition then this will not wipe off the data in partition /drive G ?

CpWz_1157.png

Edited by Gt-truth

51 minutes ago, exile360 said:

If you create a new partition in the unallocated space it should be OK, but if there was data in that space it will be overwritten unfortunately.

is there any tool to pulling the data from the damaged ~ corrupted partition/driver , and what should do I do now ?

Edited by Gt-truth