no wifi internet after malware scan

Hello, 

My wifi has since disappeared, after i performed a malwarebytes scan and quarantined the malware this was done back in april of 2018. when the restart after the quarantine was complete my wifi option had disappeared as if i dont have that capability anymore, my internet works fine with a hard wire via Ethernet. I have performed the following actions. I have done a factory reset of my computer, absolutely deleting everything and have had no success. attached are the initial scans from malwarebytes that i performed the day my wifi disappeared and about a week later (april12th and april 18th scans) also the initial farbar scan from the same time frame is attached, then secondly i have attached my scans from malwarebytes from after my complete system restore as well as the farbar report and malware adware report

Addition (1) initial scan april 2018.txt 5ad92cc239972_malwarebytesapril12th.txt 5ad92cd69a955_malwarebytesapril18th.txt malwarebytes scan march 19th 2019.txt malwarebytes scan with roots march 19th 2019.txt AdwCleaner[C00] march 19th 2019.txt FSS march 19th 2019.txt

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hello,

15 hours ago, matt16wilson said:

after the quarantine was complete my wifi option had disappeared as if i dont have that capability anymore

Please could you elaborate on this. When you say "wifi option", what are you specifically referring to?

Please carry out the steps in the post above so we can obtain complete troubleshooting logs.

I’ll do troubleshooting when I get home.

what I mean though is after completing my scan and resetting to quarantine, Connecting. Is WiFi is not even available on my computer, I can only connect with direct connection to modem. It’s like the malware ate my computers ability to read my wireless connection card.

Thanks for the file.

I don't see a wireless network adapter present. There's no indication this was caused by the Malwarebytes scans ran back in April last year. The scan results only contain items related to Internet Explorer search scopes and other PUP-related files/folders. Nothing related to your Wireless network adapter.

You can redownload/reinstall it from the HP website.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/

I see your computer has been blue screening recently. When did this first start occurring?

• Root Admin

Okay, I can try to assist you with this but no guarantee we'll be able to fix it.

Let me get a fresh set of logs from FRST please.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks