Malware gen 64

Hello! So on Avast several days ago it quarantined malware gen 64 and I have no idea how it got there, I didn't download anything or click on any links, the last website on the day it downloaded that was visited was Pinterest which a family member of mine likes to go on and the file that was infected with it was msl.dll but I sadly didn't get much other info on the file since I quickly let Avast delete it, I also scanned with Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner and they didn't detect anything? 

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

For your peace of mind run this scan.

Sophos Virus Removal Tool

Please download Sophos Virus Removal Tool and save it to your computer's Desktop.

• Right-click the icon and select Run as administrator.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • Click the Next button.
  • Select 'I accept the terms in the license agreement', then click Next twice.
  • Click the Install button and wait until the installation is complete.
  • Click the Finish button. The tool created a shortcut icon on the Desktop of your computer.
  • Now, double-click the Sophos Virus Removal Tool shortcut icon to run the tool.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • After it updates and a "Start Scanning" button appears in the lower right:
    • Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
    • Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
    • Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.

Windows Vista and above:
C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Sophos Virus Removal Tool\Logs\SophosVirusRemovalTool.log

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply and note any errors encountered.
===

Let me know of any issues with this computer.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks