Death to reCAPTCHA

I just logged into my MBAM account at https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login#

That login was agonizing because this MBAM website uses the horrid reCAPTCHA as an extra layer of alleged protection.

I hate reCAPTCHA with an unmitigated passion.  It took me many screens to pass that ******* test.

Once logged in, I tried to file a support ticket.

Once again, the website made me do a reCAPTCHA test before I could click on the Submit Ticket button.  Why?  I had already done that upon login?!

I tried several times that pass this reCAPTCHA, but eventually had to give up.

Death to reCAPTCHA.

MBAM if you have any thoughts for your users, please eliminate reCAPTCHA.  I think that you need no CAPTCHA at all, but if you insist, gimme something like an arithmetic problem.

Reading the wiki link on reCAPTCHA more, is MBAM using the NoCAPTCHA version?

The wiki link says: "Because NoCAPTCHA relies on the use of Google cookies that are at least a few weeks old, reCAPTCHA has become nearly impossible to complete for people who frequently clear their cookies."

I clear my entire browser cookies every time that I shut it down, which is more than once a week.

Furthermore:

Andrew Munsell, in his article "Captchas Are Becoming Ridiculous" states "A couple of years ago, I don’t remember being truly baffled by a captcha. In fact, reCAPTCHA was one of the better systems I’d seen. It wasn’t difficult to solve, and it seemed to work when I used it on my own websites." [32][unreliable source?] Munsell goes on to state, after encountering a series of unintelligible images that despite refreshing "Again, and again, and again. The captchas were not only difficult for a computer to read, but impossible for a human." Munsell then provided numerous examples.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely HATE CAPTCHAs, they are fast and easy one moment then the next moment it doesn't remember my input, I know they have to have them to prevent bots (which it even fails to do that at times) but they feel so inconvenient at now and then..

• 1 year later...