[ RESOLVED ] Web Protection Off

Go to solution Solved by Firefox,

Hi guys sorry but I am back again with the "web protection off" notice.Approx two months ago I contacted you about the same problem.At that time I was advised to download version 3.6.1 which I duly did.All was working fine up to approximately 3-4 weeks ago when I got the dreaded notice (as in the post title).When I click the "turn on" link on the notice it generally works but not always.Another thing I have a problem with is:when I download a file and want to check it with mbam the program freezes with the "not responding" notice.This is very frustrating guys and I really hope you have a "permanent" solution for me.Thank you guys for all your very positive and friendly help in the past.

PS:About the "freezing" mentioned above it is impossible to close the program when this happens.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hello and Welcome back @FeeDee

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:
NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab

1944505166_Repairmenu_arrows.png.566f861

7. Click the Gather Logs button

Advanced_arrows.png.4bf56db369b0b175ee2b

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

715586608_AdvancedGatherLogs_arrows.png.

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK

164871969_AdvancedGatherLogscompleted_ar

10. Please attach the file in your next reply.

Hi Firefox thank you very much for your reply and the greeting.I regret to say I may have made an error.On first run of your instructions I clicked "Get Started" instead of "Advanced" which may have nullified the purpose of the exercise.I repeated the exercise but properly this time (but probably too late to make a difference) my apologies.I will send you both sets of logs and hope you guys can make sense of them.Thank you again for your help.

Kindest Regards

mbst-clean-results.txt

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Solution

Since you ran the clean reinstall, did it solve your issue or are you still having the issue?

You also seem to be running Malwarebytes in compatibility mode, you need to undo that change.

I see you are running MB in compatibility mode. Please remove those settings. Then restart your computer.

1. Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\
  2. Find the file mbam.exe and right click on it and choose Properties
  3. In the window that pops up click on Compatibility Tab
  4. Remove any changes there that don't match my picture below and click Apply/OK

672005996_compatibilitytab-2.jpg.e2f699e

Edited by Firefox

Hi Firefox thanks again for your very helpful post.I checked out your instructions and found it was set to compatibility mode for xp.(screenshot included).do i change that to win7  and then unchek all.i will rely on your superior judgement and await your instructions.Many thanks again for your help and patience.

Best Regards

mbam settings.png

Hi Firefox and AdvancedSetup apologies for delay.As requested I have undone all settings and restarted my computer.my screenshot on post #6 is the same now,so, I hope this means all is ok.the program seems to be performing normally as I write (fingers crossed).Can anyone tell me how many appliances I can use my licence on.

Best regards

@FeeDee, glad to hear that all seems to be working OK now, let us know if it continues to gives you issues, which if it does we will have to get a new set off logs.

As for how many computers you can use your license on, well that depends on the type of license you purchased.  If you got a single use license then it can only be used on one device at a time.  If you have a multiple license, for example a 3 computer license, then you can use it on 3 computers.

Hi Firefox thank you for your reply and thank for all your help with this topic.I will continue to monitor it and hopefully all will be ok.Thanks again for all your help and advice and good luck with all your very important work.

Sincere thanks to all who helped.:D