Cloud Excel Addin - data export and report

LeeWei

• Staff
On 11/16/2021 at 2:16 AM, RickyF said:

Hi @LeeWei,

I wonder how are we going to manage the plugin now that the 2FA is going to be mandatory by Malwarebytes starting January 10.

Do we have to do any changes to our plugin connection in order get the same data?

Thanks 

Ricky 

image.png.538df00847991c902368f4e195b7b313.png

@RickyF The Add-in has supported 2FA since version 3.1.0. 

The current version is 3.2.8.

You will get a pop-up to enter the code.

If something does not work, let me know!

Lee Wei

On 11/16/2021 at 11:16 AM, RickyF said:

Hi @LeeWei,

I wonder how are we going to manage the plugin now that the 2FA is going to be mandatory by Malwarebytes starting January 10.

Do we have to do any changes to our plugin connection in order get the same data?

Thanks 

Ricky 

image.png.538df00847991c902368f4e195b7b313.png

Hi @LeeWei

I have activated the 2FA but no pop up is coming. Only "credential failed" message

Any suggestions?

RF

image.png

• Staff
On 11/19/2021 at 2:44 AM, RickyF said:

by the way my plugin version is 3.2.8

First of all, thank you for the screen shot, as that always make it easier to understand the context.

The issue here is that the 2FA support is for Nebula Cloud and not for OneView. 

I have not added 2FA for OneView.

I plan to publish a new OneView specific add-in soon, which is based on OAuth 2 authentication. It will not require 2FA, just the API credentials. 

The new add-in is available if you want to test it, just private message me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
40 minutes ago, ArjunM said:

Hello,

We use Azure AD for SSO to log into Malwarebytes Nebula Cloud (https://cloud.malwarebytes.com) and have MFA enabled. Can you advise how we can log into the Nebula Cloud using the Excel Addin? Here is a screenshot of the version (3.2.8) and error message:

image.thumb.png.b47aefa8cb7ca8e4f1477af6297237c6.png

Thanks for your help!

-Arjun

@ArjunM The Add-in does not support SSO. However, SuperAdmin will be able to login. Can you please check if the user has SuperAdmin privilege?

16 minutes ago, Lee-Wei said:

@ArjunM The Add-in does not support SSO. However, SuperAdmin will be able to login. Can you please check if the user has SuperAdmin privilege?

Thanks for the prompt response, Lee-Wei. I can confirm that my account has SuperAdmin privilege. However, it also uses Azure AD with SSO to login.

-Arjun

• Staff

The username password you use are the ones from Malwarebytes Nebula console, not via Azure, as they might be different.

You can use this link to test that Nebula credential works:

https://cloud.malwarebytes.com/auth/manual

Otherwise, try setting the Nebula password.

After that, message me privately and let us debug this together. 

Edited by Lee-Wei

• 1 month later...

I tried to use the addin this week and I have confirmed my credentials are good.  This week I started to get this error, is it related to the MFA requirement - we used mfa prior to the requirement for the console.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed image link

• Staff
7 hours ago, SeanM said:

I tried to use the addin this week and I have confirmed my credentials are good.  This week I started to get this error, is it related to the MFA requirement - we used mfa prior to the requirement for the console.

@SeanM, what is the error that you are getting? A screen shot if possible is useful.

You can also contact me via private message, and I can help to debug.

• Like 1

Hi @Lee-Wei,

Since we've migrated to Nebula we've been using your excel plugin, which has always worked excellent.

Last Friday however I experienced some problems logging in, and I haven't been able to use it since. The plugin receives a response from the server but I think it has trouble parsing it. 
I'm curious about what could going wrong.

Capture.JPG.7e2a565036a367eff8a931418feda6dd.JPG

• Staff
9 hours ago, TaafB said:

Hi @Lee-Wei,

Since we've migrated to Nebula we've been using your excel plugin, which has always worked excellent.

Last Friday however I experienced some problems logging in, and I haven't been able to use it since. The plugin receives a response from the server but I think it has trouble parsing it. 
I'm curious about what could going wrong.

Capture.JPG.7e2a565036a367eff8a931418feda6dd.JPG

I am pretty sure this is due to the login awaiting 2FA setup. The API is getting a response to scan the QR code.

Go to the Cloud console to setup the 2FA, then the Excel Add-in will prompt you for the auth code propertly.

• 1 month later...

@Lee-Wei,

I am experiencing a similar issue with authentication using the Excel addin. I use the same credentials to log into the MBAM console and have validated them using the link you provided in a previous post. However, whenever I attempt to log into the Excel addin, I receive the "The credentials were not correct" error message.

image.png.154fb679282c12e24771bdbd073109bd.png

Please advise. 

• Staff
On 3/31/2022 at 2:29 PM, DPenoff said:

@Lee-Wei,

I am experiencing a similar issue with authentication using the Excel addin. I use the same credentials to log into the MBAM console and have validated them using the link you provided in a previous post. However, whenever I attempt to log into the Excel addin, I receive the "The credentials were not correct" error message.

image.png.154fb679282c12e24771bdbd073109bd.png

Please advise. 

I will private message you to figure out how to help.

Lee Wei

• Staff
On 4/4/2022 at 6:58 AM, DPenoff said:

Thank you, Lee!

Dan

Thank you Dan for resolving this together today.

Dan was using SSO to sign into the Nebula web console.

His actual password in Nebula is actually out-of-sync (i.e. incorrect).

Once we reset the password, the login worked correctly.

• 3 months later...
  • Staff
2 hours ago, Tapcast said:

Hello 

I am trying to setup the Excel Add-In for Malwarebytes.

I cant login using the "Cloud Server Login". 
We are using Oneview with 2FA enabled

image.png.88b669e4272aae4498c9fbfcc81488a2.png

Any thoughts ?

If you are using OneView, there is a different Excel Add-in for OneView here:

https://service.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/4479800301587

The one for Cloud will not work with OneView with 2FA enabled.

Lee Wei

Able to connect using Excel to the OneView data - Fantastic!!

Trying to see some details about Customer Assets... from teh Excel AddIn is it possible to see other info such a current & Max Memory & disk space usd/free? 

.. I can see it in Oneview.. see below

image.thumb.png.f1fe69d1a1ea341ef19857aa9d82e66b.png