LeeWei

Cloud Excel Addin - data export and report

Hi @Leewei,

I tried to use the addin and I´ve got error messages like this ones.

Any idea?

Thanks

Ricky

image.png.7c2cfd6ec12938dee7e3aa186421417c.png

image.png.2c74db0bcca6d2d80fe5e527cbe83651.png

Now it is ok. I have updated the adin to version 3.1.1 and is working fine

Sorry about my mistake!

Best

Ricky

13 hours ago, RickyF said:

Now it is ok. I have updated the adin to version 3.1.1 and is working fine

Sorry about my mistake!

Best

Ricky

No Ricky it is not your mistake. I have been tracking this error for a while now, but not successful.

The error has to do with my code not being able to create a Worksheet. First of all, it has nothing to do with Malwarebytes Cloud or API.

I don't know what state does Excel get into where it does not allow me to create the worksheet. Restarting Excel, or possibly restarting the computer fixes this.

Is there a list of IP addresses for https://cloud.malwarebytes.com/ that is published that I can use for a whitelist? I am unable to connect with the excel add on since AV policies are set to block W97/Downloader from connecting to external IP addresses? 

48 minutes ago, BrianA said:

Is there a list of IP addresses for https://cloud.malwarebytes.com/ that is published that I can use for a whitelist? I am unable to connect with the excel add on since AV policies are set to block W97/Downloader from connecting to external IP addresses? 

We use Amazon CloudFront as the CDN (Content Delivery Network) and the IP might change.
So we don't have static IPs for whitelisting.
Is whitelisting an arduous process? You want to try the first IP is resolves to and see how long it might stay the same?

21 minutes ago, LeeWei said:

We use Amazon CloudFront as the CDN (Content Delivery Network) and the IP might change.
So we don't have static IPs for whitelisting.
Is whitelisting an arduous process? You want to try the first IP is resolves to and see how long it might stay the same?

It is a bit of a process since the request has to go through a SecOps process to allow exceptions and get the policy implemented and them pushed to a machine. I white-listed 2 ip addresses yesterday and it appears that they are using different ones today so I dont think that is going to be an acceptable solution to open a support request each day nor would it be to allow excel to make internet calls to all IP addresses. Seems like I am in a bit of a bind.

1 hour ago, BrianA said:

It is a bit of a process since the request has to go through a SecOps process to allow exceptions and get the policy implemented and them pushed to a machine. I white-listed 2 ip addresses yesterday and it appears that they are using different ones today so I dont think that is going to be an acceptable solution to open a support request each day nor would it be to allow excel to make internet calls to all IP addresses. Seems like I am in a bit of a bind.

Given their large number of IP addresses, I wonder how useful this page is.

I am not familiar with your whitelisting process and wonder if SecOps will just laugh us out of the room.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/LocationsOfEdgeServers.html

Note this URL with the large number of IPs:

https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json

I wonder if further possible to narrow by service and region.

Hi Lee Wei,

I am getting this error when I go to view my scheduled reports. Summary report > View Schedules

image.thumb.png.8cb8b259c5f3ff27156131193946886e.png

I looked through the forums and didn't see anything, I also updated to 3.1.1 and am getting the same error.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Vegita said:

Hi Lee Wei,

I am getting this error when I go to view my scheduled reports. Summary report > View Schedules

image.thumb.png.8cb8b259c5f3ff27156131193946886e.png

I looked through the forums and didn't see anything, I also updated to 3.1.1 and am getting the same error.

Thanks!

Sorry, there must be a bug somewhere.

The schedule information is stored in the Windows Registry here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes\ExcelAddin\Schedules.

- If you want to keep the schedule(s), you can export the hive and send me to debug (lwei @ malwarebytes.com).
- If you don't care to keep the schedules, you can delete the entries and you will be able to "View Schedules" again.