3.5.1.2522 using 21% of CPU

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have this problem.   Even for a very simple action such as opening a toolbar folder on the c:\ drive,  I get high mbamservice.exe CPU usage (it maxes out 1 core) and the screen freezes for 2-3 seconds.

The problem goes away if I switch off real-time Ransomware protection.

Windows 7 pro; Malwarebytes version: 3.5.1.2522; Component package: 1.0.421; Update package: 1.0.6509

The only slightly unusual thing about my setup is that I have an Intel Raid 1 array.

A new version of Malwarebytes was made available today.  Please install it to see if it resolves the issue.  To do so, open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Application and click on the Install Application Updates button and allow it to download and install the update.  Once it completes you should see the following version numbers listed under Settings>About in Malwarebytes:

update.png.eb338743be84cf3198ca89bcf08f2ed6.png

Once you have the latest build, restart your computer to ensure that the new components are loaded into memory and then test to see if the issue is resolved or not.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again.  Yet another new version has been released, version 3.6.1.  You may install it either by opening Malwarebytes and going to Settings>Application and clicking on Install Application Updates or by downloading and running it directly from here.

Once the new version is installed please restart your system then test to see if this problem is resolved.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

I have the exact same issue, been happening for a few months now on and off, my system was practically unusable this morning which lead me too seek a solution. I have the latest version installed: 3.5.1.2522 I've had to kill the Malewarebytes service in Taskmgr 4 times in order to be able to post here. What do I need to do to provide more information?

TIA

I'm having high CPU usage issues for last few days on just-updated 3.6.1 whenever Google File Stream is also running. If I kill FS then MBAM seems to behave for the most part, but with FS running MBAM uses 10-20% CPU when not actively scanning.

Win10, Razer Blade 15".