Total Win 10 1709 32 bit Pro Crash & Reboot During MBAM Scan

Hehe, many of them are.  Obviously they don't expect most users to extract their binaries from the installers and use them this way, but I'm a big proponent of portable tools being a former PC repair tech myself since I would always rather run something from a USB drive I can carry with me without having to go through an installation process in order to save time as well as reduce the number of tasks to perform on a client's system (i.e. installing tools/uninstalling tools when the work is done etc.) so using things like Uniextract to check and see if an application can be run portably is second nature.  I would often even install tools on a test system, then grab their program files if they didn't write anything crucial to any secondary data folders or the system folders (like drivers etc.) and try to run them on a second system where the tool had never been installed to see if it would function that way, and many of them would.

I never went in for Thinstalled apps or anything like that where non-portable software are made portable through more complex virtual means, but when it comes down to it, a lot of installers are really nothing more than self-extractors, and if their only purpose is to create a program directory and extract the program's files there, then chances are you can take those files and run them from anywhere and they should work.  Obviously it's a bit different when dealing with more complex applications like AV and AM tools that use drivers and services, but for basic tools that use a single UI and a single primary executable, it's usually a safe bet that they can be run portably without having to actually install them.

1 hour ago, exile360 said:

I'm a big proponent of portable tools being a former PC repair tech myself since I would always rather run something from a USB drive I can carry with me without having to go through an installation process in order to save time as well as reduce the number of tasks to perform on a client's system

I am too a big proponent of portable tools... I use a 128GB write protected flash drive I keep all the tools I use... this keeps the malware from spreading to my flash drive, or any malware or antivirus program from deleting my tools as well.